Are tilefish tile goby considered scaleless?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
1,795
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to use Safety Stop dip on them but according to their instruction that it can not be used on scaleless fish. They look like gobies to be and has no scales, I just want to make sure if someone knows for sure.

lastly, are cipro safe on scaleless fish? Thanks
 
I want to use Safety Stop dip on them but according to their instruction that it can not be used on scaleless fish. They look like gobies to be and has no scales, I just want to make sure if someone knows for sure.

lastly, are cipro safe on scaleless fish? Thanks
Tilefish are NOT gobies. They’re two different families altogether.

Tilefish are sensitive to any medication and are hard to get through dips and QT. I highly recommend against it and these are one of those fish that should be put into the DT. They do have scales however again, these are much more sensitive to burns and other issues medications give.

What species of Hoplolatilus do you have?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new