Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 211 27.4%
  • No seems to be fine

Votes: 546 70.8%
  • Maybe (explain in the thread)

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I answered the questions before - things have 'improved' - but all of the reported issues are still present. If I am just browsing the site - its quick (for the most part) - and works fine - its when I try to post or quote or like that most of the problems seem to happen.

Again - for your troubleshooting - I think part of this relates to what OS (Mac, Android, mobile, desktop, and the browser people are using).

We initiated a Fix just around an hour or so ago. It’s important to know if this has happened after say 2:30pm est. Thank you.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We initiated a Fix just around an hour or so ago. It’s important to know if this has happened after say 2:30pm est. Thank you.

OK great - will look out for it

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SO FYI - tried a couple things. Like worked, reply worked, When you select text - and it quote - it worked - when I hit 'quote these messages' the lines at the top right (the processing button) kept on for 3 minutes - when I refreshed the page - I could not get into the site...

FYI - just tried again - was not reproducible (it worked fine)

Mac OSX Safari Macbook Pro.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK great - will look out for it

SO FYI - tried a couple things. Like worked, reply worked, When you select text - and it quote - it worked - when I hit 'quote these messages' the lines at the top right (the processing button) kept on for 3 minutes - when I refreshed the page - I could not get into the site...

Thank you and this is good info.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

What message did you get on the page when the site didn’t load?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just signed in again it said 'unknown error'.

JUST NOW - went to 'reef2reef.com' and it waited and then said 'unknown error'. I tried again - and an incomplete page came up (no sign-in options and no alerts, etc. I refreshed the page and everything was there. .. Hope this helps.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

The first time - it just timed out with that one 'button' (I think 'quote messages' ) and then when I refreshed the page it said - the page cannot be found.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just so its not confusing...

Earlier today - when I hit quote these messages - after trying to insert a quote - the 'processing thing' kept showing for about 3 minutes. When I tried to refresh the page - it said 'the page cannot be found'.

Just now - I typed in reef2reef.com - and it waited - and then said the page cannot be opened 'unknown error'. I refreshed the page - and it loaded - but half of the page was missing (the upper 1/2 was just the grey background). I refreshed - and it came up normally - hope this helps.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just so its not confusing...

Earlier today - when I hit quote these messages - after trying to insert a quote - the 'processing thing' kept showing for about 3 minutes. When I tried to refresh the page - it said 'the page cannot be found'.

Just now - I typed in reef2reef.com - and it waited - and then said the page cannot be opened 'unknown error'. I refreshed the page - and it loaded - but half of the page was missing (the upper 1/2 was just the grey background). I refreshed - and it came up normally - hope this helps.

Are you using a mobile device?

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sent you a PM.. forum has been working flawlessly for me the last several hours :D thank you Rev!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you and this is good info.

It seems much much better - still intermittent 'processing bars' - and having to reload the page (most recently with the 'alert dropdown' - when initially clicking on it)

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you still experience an issue please log the time it happened for me and post here what happened and the time.

That was a serious cyber PaPao that you gave that server @Rev... she is working like a charm now!!!!! everything including pictures popped up like if they were scared of you, LoL [emoji38] what a difference. Thank y’all for the prompt work what a Great site and Reefing Community. Thank You All Team R2R [emoji122][emoji106][emoji123][emoji41]

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That was a serious cyber PaPao that you gave that server @Rev... she is working like a charm now!!!!! everything including pictures popped up like if they were scared of you, LoL [emoji38] what a difference. Thank y’all for the prompt work what a Great site and Reefing Community. Thank You All Team R2R [emoji122][emoji106][emoji123][emoji41]
I have had no problems for the last 2 hours.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone seeing any issues lately? Desktop or Mobile?

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lag loading pages on Tapatalk on android, seems to be mostly around 12am central that I've noticed, has improved from last week but still occurs

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hit and miss. Mostly been hit after it came to light, but definitely a lot of miss prior to that. It's not regular enough to write much out. I didn't happen to pay much attention to this issue in real time.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems very very good overall - very rare slow-down after clicking a button

ON DESKTOP

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few lags occasionally trying to load various pages - it's pretty inconsistent though. (desktop)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back