Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

Are you experiencing issues surfing Reef2Reef lately?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 211 27.4%
  • No seems to be fine

Votes: 546 70.8%
  • Maybe (explain in the thread)

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lots of slow loading. Can't like a post. Can't quote someone else's post. Can't use the @ feature to tag a member. Some posts don't show up that have been posted. Despite the issues, this is still an excellent forum! I had to close the site and go back in to post this. Lol.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2am, site would not load. Lasted about 30 seconds. Live sales often affect the site, I kind of expect that. It is the off times, like 2am that are a bit more of a surprise. I agree with @Katrina71 lots of little issues all day long. Likes not taking, profiles not coming up when clicking on the name, replies not coming up in the editor, etc. A page refresh usually gets these to kick in for me. It is frustrating that these are all “new” issues in 2019, but I know no one wants them solved quicker than you @revhtree

BTW, using iPhone and Safari mostly. I do find the issues happen less on a PC with Chrome, but still occur.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does make you feel nostalgic, I haven’t had issues on a website like this in 5, maybe 10 years. Still love r2r, but I would really appreciate it if the lag issues were fixed. :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 second load time to flip the page. This site has never reached the level of performance as the last server had. BTW its the same at work or my home cpu with comcast fastest available.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a page take about 30 seconds to load after clicking the link on the home page, and I am on a 1 gig dedicated circuit at work right now as the only user. No other sites or web based programs experiencing any lag. Tried my mobile, same thing on its cellular network.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2019-6-10_15-16-46.jpeg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using an ad blocker helped the site run smoother for me. Otherwise WAY too much stuff tries to connect. This is about 1/2 of the scripts that normally would run.

KzQzcHg.png

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone up to 5 minutes and just move on...not that I do not wish to respond and conversate...just so much time. A couple of posts back didn't post until my 5th attempt. *sigh*
Hey Capt. I just Bounce out than IN when it does that.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ow using phone as am out of town. An again having problems with some pages having to be reloaded to like or respond. Queastion. Is there a general forum for questions about the website? On my phone I tried to insert a quote and was able to quote. But there was no insert quotes button anywhere that I could see

Still having problems this morning.
Pages are taking 10-15 seconds to load.
Click on anything, same thing.

Still having issues as well.
*page load time
*'Like' button lagging

Still super slow and lagging. Can not like posts. Had to reload this page 4 times just to post. Basically unusable sometimes during the day.

Yep same here. Had this last one where I was replying to a specific post when the lag hit and it removed the original quote from the post.

Yea, it is taking a long time to load anything you click on. It took 43 seconds to go from page 14 to 15 on this thread alone.

Lots of slow loading. Can't like a post. Can't quote someone else's post. Can't use the @ feature to tag a member. Some posts don't show up that have been posted. Despite the issues, this is still an excellent forum! I had to close the site and go back in to post this. Lol.

For me, it was significantly better for a few weeks. Now it's back to 50/50 being unusable.

The site has been unusable all weekend. Still is :(

Terrible today

I just had a few minutes of complete unresponsiveness around 5:45 CDT.

2am, site would not load. Lasted about 30 seconds. Live sales often affect the site, I kind of expect that. It is the off times, like 2am that are a bit more of a surprise. I agree with @Katrina71 lots of little issues all day long. Likes not taking, profiles not coming up when clicking on the name, replies not coming up in the editor, etc. A page refresh usually gets these to kick in for me. It is frustrating that these are all “new” issues in 2019, but I know no one wants them solved quicker than you @revhtree

BTW, using iPhone and Safari mostly. I do find the issues happen less on a PC with Chrome, but still occur.

New server/host @revhtree?

It does make you feel nostalgic, I haven’t had issues on a website like this in 5, maybe 10 years. Still love r2r, but I would really appreciate it if the lag issues were fixed. :)

15 second load time to flip the page. This site has never reached the level of performance as the last server had. BTW its the same at work or my home cpu with comcast fastest available.

Couldn’t load on DuckDuckGo browser, had to load thru email notification.

I just had a page take about 30 seconds to load after clicking the link on the home page, and I am on a 1 gig dedicated circuit at work right now as the only user. No other sites or web based programs experiencing any lag. Tried my mobile, same thing on its cellular network.

Using an ad blocker helped the site run smoother for me. Otherwise WAY too much stuff tries to connect. This is about 1/2 of the scripts that normally would run.

KzQzcHg.png

I use Tapatalk and frequently see topics doubled. I’m also seeing repetitive picture previous of the same picture on numerous different threads

Hey Capt. I just Bounce out than IN when it does that.

I'm very sorry. I am about at my wits end with this. Can you all please do me a favor? When you have an issue from now until tomorrow in the evening please note the time, find your IP address and then PM me with the exact time and your IP address. I'll be digging back in to this in the

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back