ARK Glowing Star Rock

DijonMustard

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
11
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have money to update my tank and I can finally aquascape.

I found this “Glowing Star” rock from ARK. It’s listed as calcium rock, so I’d guess calcium sulfide.

From a chemistry standpoint, is this okay?

From an aesthetics standpoint, will it even glow after it seeds?

Any alternatives that still have this same wow factor? Hoping to make my aquascape somewhat Avatar-like, and the glow is just so beautiful for the theme, but I’m not going to put it in if it’s unsafe.
 
It’s white under daylight and glows like this in the dark. Just some typical phosphorescence.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7415.jpeg
    IMG_7415.jpeg
    759 KB · Views: 44
Dunno but I expect at the first sign of trouble with the tank, you'd be ripping it out, just in case.
 
I wouldnt touch this with a 100 foot pole, description form the website is, "Artificially colored coral calcium rock that glows in the dark for hours."
Thats not nearly descriptive enough.
Look up "addictive reef keeping reviews", people mention painted dry rock being sold as "live rock" and being shipped a ton of dead stuff. I wouldnt trust this.
 
I wouldnt touch this with a 100 foot pole, description form the website is, "Artificially colored coral calcium rock that glows in the dark for hours."
Thats not nearly descriptive enough.
Look up "addictive reef keeping reviews", people mention painted dry rock being sold as "live rock" and being shipped a ton of dead stuff. I wouldnt trust this.
Heard mixed reviews but just went back and don’t like what I see.

Do you happen to know alternatives?
 
Heard mixed reviews but just went back and don’t like what I see.

Do you happen to know alternatives?
For glowing live rock, no
But for real ocean live rock, I can personally vouch for TBS live rock, and I've heard that kp aquatics and gulf live rock are good options as well.
 
For glowing live rock, no
But for real ocean live rock, I can personally vouch for TBS live rock, and I've heard that kp aquatics and gulf live rock are good options as well.
I do love TBS, but I’m looking for dry rock. Unfortunately I can’t get anything live shipped to myself
 
I do love TBS, but I’m looking for dry rock. Unfortunately I can’t get anything live shipped to myself
Id go with marcorocks then. You should also probably be able to find dry rock at a local fish store near you, plus that way you could choose what rocks you want.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new