As green as green can be

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first run at a saltwater aquarium.
It’s a 5ft, 100gal mixed reef tank from Cadlights with a 30gal sump.
It started out to be a FISH tank with coral for decoration. Well, now it’s exactly the opposite. After reading and studying as I go, I’m learning that I’ve done almost everything wrong or backwards so far; fish introduced in the wrong order, constantly messing with flow and lighting, over feeding....

Last edited:

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your first SW run! This is a great forum to get advice and gain knowledge. There is a fish stocking thread, if you get you fish list together they can help you with stocking order or let you know if your planning on a fish that might not work so well with others. They can probably help with all thetother things you mentioned. Good luck on your new addiction!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first run at a saltwater aquarium.
It’s a 5ft, 100gal mixed reef tank from Cadlights with a 30gal sump.
It started out to be a FISH tank with coral for decoration. Well, now it’s exactly the opposite. After reading and studying as I go, I’m learning that I’ve done almost everything wrong or backwards so far; fish introduced in the wrong order, constantly messing with flow and lighting, over feeding....

Welcome to R2R! That's kinda how this hobby goes for many of us when we start out! Constantly learning and tweaking things is part of it. Or just planning the next tank to implement what we've learned from our mistakes!

Bigbaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! This forum has so much info and a great group of members who are willing to help out at any moments notice. Do you have any photos of the tank you could share with us?

OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your first SW run! This is a great forum to get advice and gain knowledge. There is a fish stocking thread, if you get you fish list together they can help you with stocking order or let you know if your planning on a fish that might not work so well with others. They can probably help with all thetother things you mentioned. Good luck on your new addiction!
Right on! Thanks for the input. I am working on adding filtration and additives but the more I read, the more confused I get. I will reach out to the group.

OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've finally got some build photos to show. These are fairly recent, although my latest prizes are missing. I recently picked up a really nice sized Ultra Gold hammer coral and a fantastic doughnut coral. I'll get these photos updated soon.
This started up in February 2018. There are fish in this tank. The are terribly camera shy.
tank front.jpg
tank side.jpg

tank front.jpg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back