Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures, do you have an ATO, I have ran my tank without a circulating pump for 2 weeks, that is why I have powerbeads. Seems like a bunch of different issues.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hope you can help. I had 3 pumps go out on me within a month, two of them within days. 9.0 syncra , 7.0 syncra , and 6.0 all brand new. Two dry run one blockage and can’t get any of them back on. There is plenty wanted, never was dry, and no blockage. Last pump went out last night and lost about $5,500 worth of coral. Hoping fish make it. PLEASE HELP!
You probably need t buy a DC pump with stall/ overheat protection. Ecotech etc. Not to say syncra pumps are bad, they’re amazing, but AC pumps are bad for stuff like that, for obvious reasons . I had a skimmer AC skimmer pump stall on me before and it smelled like death when I came home. Also I would suggest getting a flow monitor from Neptune to avoid the disasters like that.

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On this thread you can bring all of your questions directly to the source. In some cases I will need to get information for you or direct you to the best department to assist you in what ever your Reefing needs are. We take pride in how we handle Customer Service being family owned it is a huge piece since 1973 to be exact. We are not perfect but our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to make your aquarium you! #siccestrong

So Ask Away......... P.S. I am one human responding to all of you so go easy on me LOL

Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Hi Jay. I have a Sicce SDC 7.0 return pump. The pump touts that it has a self cleaning impeller. What exactly does that mean?

Is the company suggesting that these pumps do not need to be cleaned, or at least that they don’t have to be taken apart? Will a hot water/vinegar bath once or twice a year suffice?

Thanks!

nathanb25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably need t buy a DC pump with stall/ overheat protection. Ecotech etc. Not to say syncra pumps are bad, they’re amazing, but AC pumps are bad for stuff like that, for obvious reasons . I had a skimmer AC skimmer pump stall on me before and it smelled like death when I came home. Also I would suggest getting a flow monitor from Neptune to avoid the disasters like that.
Hey! Thank you, I am going to get a new pump. I found out in the 6.0 the small shaft in the prop , I thinks it’s ceramic or something like that, was broken. I do have flow monitors, and finally got them all working. I’m re-plumbing everything because I’m adding an outside tank and a huge chiller.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Syncra sdc 3.0 really 7.3” long? Some diagrams say 7.3, others say 4.7”

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jay. I have the Sicce 6.0 wifi return pump and it has a temperature probe built into it. Is it normal for it to be a couple of degrees off? My other probes read 77.5° but the pump always reads 75.5°. Not a big deal whatsoever but I was just curious. Thanks!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jay. I have the Sicce 6.0 wifi return pump and it has a temperature probe built into it. Is it normal for it to be a couple of degrees off? My other probes read 77.5° but the pump always reads 75.5°. Not a big deal whatsoever but I was just curious. Thanks!
I see about a 1° difference between my sump temp probe, the return pumps reading and the tanks temp probe.
3 readings from 3 spots on the system.
I’d guess that if it’s pretty close to the other readings it’s just their normal variance From device to device.

edsbeaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Will the Voyager Nano Stream Pump (530 GPH) secure to 1/2” glass? Some reviews say it won’t, and I want to make sure before I buy. Thank you!

SUNDOG_ID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On this thread you can bring all of your questions directly to the source. In some cases I will need to get information for you or direct you to the best department to assist you in what ever your Reefing needs are. We take pride in how we handle Customer Service being family owned it is a huge piece since 1973 to be exact. We are not perfect but our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to make your aquarium you! #siccestrong

So Ask Away......... P.S. I am one human responding to all of you so go easy on me LOL

Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
This week I dismantled my pump for cleaning. Hooked it back up.and would not work. Went back to square one reinstalling the pump, and the controller acts like it's dead and won't connect. Constant problem with this pump. I've tried no less than 20 times trying to get this thing hooked back up. Frustrating.

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This week I dismantled my pump for cleaning. Hooked it back up.and would not work. Went back to square one reinstalling the pump, and the controller acts like it's dead and won't connect. Constant problem with this pump. I've tried no less than 20 times trying to get this thing hooked back up. Frustrating.
try deleting the the app and reinstall it. it worked for me but now my controller wont pause but works from my phone so im not messing with it. terrible system.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back