ATI lights

Purpletang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, i am going to be upgrading my lights to the ATI lights and cant make a choice on which to get, the Powermodule or the Sunpower also, if i should get the 4 or 6 bulb fixture, i have an Elos system 70 so the tank is deeper then most for a 50 gallon... want to know which would be best for sps and if the 6 bulb is really needed? any advice would be great! Thanks

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 bulbs would be my first priorty, what are the dimensions of that tank?

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear the powermodule and sunpower are about the same as far as performance but I would get 6 bulbs over 4

cykenp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the money definitely go with the Powermodule 6 bulb. But I have spoken with Greg at Reefgeek about the 2 modules, and there's maybe a 5% to 10% difference at most between the power and sun models. If money is a factor, go with the Sunpower 6 bulb.

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the money definitely go with the Powermodule 6 bulb. But I have spoken with Greg at Reefgeek about the 2 modules, and there's maybe a 5% to 10% difference at most between the power and sun models. If money is a factor, go with the Sunpower 6 bulb.

This is more clear then water

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear the powermodule and sunpower are about the same as far as performance but I would get 6 bulbs over 4

this is 100% correct. They perform the same but the PM looks a little sexier and is more heavy duty. I have a couple of both the the 6 bulb Sunpower is more than enough to keep your sps happy.

You'll be good with either for sure....

heliguy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i have a 60x18x26 tank with mainly softies but want to get some easy sps and lps corals what would be the best ati power module to get the 48" or the 60" and how many bulbs 4 or 6.

thanks

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM 80 watts x 6 or 8 cause of the deep of the tank

reefer10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If going with 6 bulbs or less It would be kind of tough decision for me also, but I see most people recommending the Sunpower in other forums also.

I

inactive

View Badges
Hm, I have a 55g tank... 20.5 inches tall, I run a 6 bulb fixture and it is a lot of light. When replacing bulbs, I run 4x54 over it when acclimating and it is still enough light to keep everything. The fixture is about 12" from the top of the water also, if that give you an idea. I'm running mostly ATI bulbs in a TEK fixture. T5 are powerful guys!

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm, I have a 55g tank... 20.5 inches tall, I run a 6 bulb fixture and it is a lot of light. When replacing bulbs, I run 4x54 over it when acclimating and it is still enough light to keep everything. The fixture is about 12" from the top of the water also, if that give you an idea. I'm running mostly ATI bulbs in a TEK fixture. T5 are powerful guys!

Your 55 gallon tank is only 12 inches wide 4 bulbs will cover fine but heliguy tank is 18 wide so he will need more to cover the front to back

I run a 6x54 PM on my 75 and its doing fine

I

inactive

View Badges
Your 55 gallon tank is only 12 inches wide 4 bulbs will cover fine but heliguy tank is 18 wide so he will need more to cover the front to back

I run a 6x54 PM on my 75 and its doing fine

13 inches wide, I'm basically saying 6 bulbs will be good. I've been 4 ATI ran on a 75g and they were able to keep everything.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back