ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you login to the webserver on light #2 via IP address then? Maybe something didn't get saved.
Yes I can but once I linked it to my homewifi it's no longer controllable. Even I only connect #2 to my home Wi-Fi, I still can't control it. So wired.

MarkDE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 over a 180 and can only compare to the Radions and Orphek Atlantiks that I had previously.

Here are my pros and cons;

Pros
I just set mine to sps/lps setting and have left it that way ever since with good growth on all corals including softies
Am able to get great coverage over a 24 x 24 inch area with a mounting height of only 8 inches above the water.
Very easy to program. Have not had a single issue in the 6 months that I've had them.
Better coloration than with either of the other brands.
No fans so no noise

Cons
mounting options are limited.

I know that everyone almost always love what they spent their money on but I have to say that other than maybe my lifereef skimmer, these are the best purchase I have ever made in this hobby. And I have been at it for several decades.

I do not have decades of experience but I have been at it long enough and couldn’t agree more

That Sounds really promising . My LFS now has a Straton at one of their frag tanks for testing purposes . I guess im gonna take a look at it in the next days . Im already super hyped for the light haha
it would almost cover my whole tank , i think more coverage is (almost) not achievable

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can but once I linked it to my homewifi it's no longer controllable. Even I only connect #2 to my home Wi-Fi, I still can't control it. So wired.
You're not using a "shared" SSID for mixed 2.4 / 5ghz from the wireless AP are you?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here's a big reason for the some of the delay with these fixtures. Ain't nothing moving out of DE on a container very easily the last half year.

CountryBranch/location (full name)Freighter restrictionsPort operationsContainer Availability
GermanyBremenFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedPort operating normally but with lower efficiency due to manpower reductionModerate container and equipment shortages
GermanyDortmundFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyDüsseldorfFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyFrankfurtFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyFuldaFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyHamburgFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedPort operating normally but with lower efficiency due to manpower reductionModerate container and equipment shortages
GermanyHannoverFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyLeipzigFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyMannheimFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyMünchenFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyNürnbergFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyPotsdamFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages
GermanyStuttgartFreighters flying as normal but capacity is constrainedNot applicable (no major port)Acute container and equipment shortages

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not using a "shared" SSID for mixed 2.4 / 5ghz from the wireless AP are you?
yup it's a shared SSID mixed 2.4 and 5 together. I did tried to single out the 2.4 but still not working. I'll try again. Thanks

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank with greater depth, would the Straton be compatible with an Aquatic life Hybrid T5 fixture?

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys have had about half a year with the stratons at this point. What are your thoughts after this length of time?

Have they held up well?
Stayed cool?
Keeping corals alive and healthy?
How has the lens held up?

It's about time to put my light order in, and these are my top contender. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are working great,only problem I have had is I Carnot connect them to my network could be my router, I just connect to them direct I’m Not bothered
I put my radions upstairs in a box just for a backup

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys have had about half a year with the stratons at this point. What are your thoughts after this length of time?

Have they held up well?
Stayed cool?
Keeping corals alive and healthy?
How has the lens held up?

It's about time to put my light order in, and these are my top contender. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
6 months in and I remain rather pleased. I am running 3 units that replaced an ATI Sunpower 8 X 80 watt beast.

Will be interesting to see if I can avoid installing cooling fans this Summer. That would be a nice bonus.

The design of the Straton along with that German build quality really have no match IMO. It kind of reminds me of why almost all of the last 10 vehicles I've purchased were German.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I read your guys are ramping up your dosing after the light change , I don't quite believe it. However.....

IMG_20210522_130444.jpg

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I read your guys are ramping up your dosing after the light change , I don't quite believe it. However.....

IMG_20210522_130444.jpg

Yeah, It's pretty crazy, I just hit my final percentage setting on my stratons and still had to up my dose a bit today. They are awesome lights.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, It's pretty crazy, I just hit my final percentage setting on my stratons and still had to up my dose a bit today. They are awesome lights.
Yup. I did use the trident auto dose feature. So it's constantly increasing the dose amount but still can't keep it up. (my previous light are 4 g5 pro with t5 hybrid. They are at the same par). I still need to see how this light color up corals.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need to see how this light color up corals.
My experience with the conversion is not comparable as I was all T5 before. Also, I find it difficult to separate the root cause in changes to observed coloration. IE: How much of the color change I am seeing is merely a visual effect of my Straton light VS how much coloration change is taking place within the zoox population?

I doubt it is a surprise to anyone that the visual pop and contrast difference is like night and day between these two ATI fixtures. I just don't know how to apportion the "blame"; I just know it looks better than my T5 setup.

I did have (and documented previously) a small 10-15% increase in ALK consumption within the first 2-3 weeks but has been holding pretty steady since then.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 months in and I remain rather pleased. I am running 3 units that replaced an ATI Sunpower 8 X 80 watt beast.

Will be interesting to see if I can avoid installing cooling fans this Summer. That would be a nice bonus.

The design of the Straton along with that German build quality really have no match IMO. It kind of reminds me of why almost all of the last 10 vehicles I've purchased were German.

I just purchased my first German car a month ago and I have been happy, no creeks or rattles in the interior at all. Funny thing was the reason I went that route was just due to build quality and the interior, between Stratons and Royal Exclusiv I couldn’t be happier with those purchases so 3 for 3 so far

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased my first German car a month ago and I have been happy, no creeks or rattles in the interior at all. Funny thing was the reason I went that route was just due to build quality and the interior, between Stratons and Royal Exclusiv I couldn’t be happier with those purchases so 3 for 3 so far
If that is an "S" or "RS" in your avatar, just be ready to budget $3,500 for rotors and pads at 40k miles. No joke. It may well be the only repair you have to make, but stopping doesn't come cheap in these cars.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back