ATI vs Radion G3 Pro

HiImSean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of setting up a new tank, a SCA 66g 32x24 footprint. I’ve been holding on to a 8x24 Sunpower with reefbrite bar. I’ve been contemplating going just led and a local has a good deal on 3 year old Radion G3 xr30s so I’d go with a pair instead. Just seeing if you guys would stay with T5s or do the radions. I ran AI sol blues and T5s on my old tank and wasn’t 100 happy with it. I’m running just leds now on my nano.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
neither, id get one coralcare gen2 as theyre on heavy discount. IF you dont mind a whiter daylight look. if you like the windex look then maybe to for radions

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between the two. I’d use the ATI. Led lifespan is inflated. The diodes are rated for 5 years if they’re kept under ideal circumstances. Those are aged. And you’re working with old fans and drivers that definitely aren’t rated for 5 years. With the ati, it’s cheap to replace worn components. If you were looking at a pair of new gen5 radions. I’d say go that direction. But not the gen3. They grow coral but they’re in their golden years. Just begging for something to go out

Back