• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AtlantaReefer Do NOT Sell to Him at all

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done selling AtlantaReefer some coral's today and he needed them shipped right away. So he sent me the money to PayPal and then PM me saying money sent please send corals ASAP so i checked my account and the money is there and so i send him a PM with Tracking number a couple hours later and shipped them out $470.00 Dollors worth of corals and then get a Email from Paypal the Charge has been Reversed from Buyer and now no money and No Corals. So i filled out all the stuff need to get my money back with Tracking number. Now i hope i get my money back i am so Mad right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done selling AtlantaReefer some coral's today and he needed them shipped right away. So he sent me the money to PayPal and then PM me saying money sent please send corals ASAP so i checked my account and the money is there and so i send him a PM with Tracking number a couple hours later and shipped them out $470.00 Dollors worth of corals and then get a Email from Paypal the Charge has been Reversed from Buyer and now no money and No Corals. So i filled out all the stuff need to get my money back with Tracking number. Now i hope i get my money back i am so Mad right now.
Sorry to hear that,I hope it works out and its all just a fluke.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know you could reverse a paypal payment once its made. Thats not right.

OP
OP
B

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me to the money is there and then it is placed in a Held Stage on paypal under review and the Email from Paypal it said ( Him or Her asked there bank to Reverse the charges ). He just PM me Here so i hope we work this out.

OP
OP
B

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know you could reverse a paypal payment once its made. Thats not right.

I did not think you could do that either but it happened ( they called the bank and reversed the charges is what Paypal said in the Email )

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have all his info and he keeps the coral and money it's theft. File and police report and have them go talk to him.

Gills&Roots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the S***s. Didn't think paypal did that sort of thing. Once it's paid it's paid. Hope all works out for you.

OP
OP
B

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has contacted me and does not no what happened he thinks security check from Paypal but i don't no but he is willing to send out Money Order if not cleared up by Wendsday from Paypal. So seems like standup guy but i will see and i might have jumped the gun a little by posting this so soon but had a bad day and this set me off.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad it's working out for ya! :D

rng_pw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one tip is to only ship to the address that is given on the paypal account. I had a guy buy some corals from me and he told me that they were a gift for his girlfriend and asked me to ship to her address becauxe that was where the tank was. It made sense so I did but as soon as I shipped out the corals and sent him the tracking number the money was reversed through paypal. The claim was an unauthorized purchase and because the Paypal account holder had an address different than the address that recieved the corals paypal couldnt do anything about it. So long story short for your protection only ship to the paypal authorised address. Good luck

Ricky,

AtlantaReefer

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guy, i didnt call to cancel my money. It was paypal security checking, if it not work i will send Brian money order overnight with some extra cash to cover it.

Thanks

OP
OP
B

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he is a standup guy and hope everything works out to for me and i think it will just never had this happen and will check with him if that is his Shipping Address and billing address that might be the hole problem.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R ATL Reefer! Glad to have you and thanks for making this right. We like to protect our own and now your one of us! :D

OP
OP
B

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guy, i didnt call to cancel my money. It was paypal security checking, if it not work i will send Brian money order overnight with some extra cash to cover it.

Thanks

Like i said Stand up Guy and sorry AtlantaReefer for this and everyone i jumped the gun so do not hold this against him my Bad had a bad day

OP
OP
B

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i thought he was a standup Guy but i was really wrong there he had no problem jumping in on Tuesday night saying he was going to make it right and that was the night the corals were shipped out and now that he has them no responce from him at all. I have PM him 4 times or more from wendsday on and he has been on here both day's and has not PM me back or called me and he has my Phone number to so i guess he likes taking peoples corals and not paying for them O wait he put's the money in Paypal for you and then after you ship the corals he fills a claim to have the money refunded back. So i hope this makes him PM me and get this taken care of. SO all of you watch out for him and do not sell to him and what kills me he would do this to the first person he buy's from sents joining here and he does not even have 1 post yet and all ready giving him self a bad name. I hope Paypal does the right thing and takes the hold off the money they have of mine and they have the tracking number and it show's he got the package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bkss709

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to PayPal and they said he used a Paypal account that was not his account or Credit card and that i am out the money and now i have to fill a Police Report here in Michigan with the state police and Home Land Security internet Dept and will see what happens i am 99% positive i lost my money and corals this i not right. And thanks to all that PM me that live in the area and offered there help i hope some can find him this is bad for all of us here selling and this should be stopped.

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... This really sucks. Somehow, I'm still shocked every time I read about something like this happening, even though I had someone steal several frags from me in a trade that they never followed through on (completely different forum). Hearing what my wife deals with at work in terms of theft hasn't made me numb to this sort of the thing yet either somehow. The nerve of some people, taking advantage of other hobbyists just to fill their tanks with more coral.

I sincerely hope this is just some weird misunderstanding and that it really does pan out that you get paid for what you sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back