ATO system

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have an ato made by XP Aqua that they discontinued, the pump went out so I switched to JBJ ATO. biggest mistake. I am continually cleaning and trying to get this JBJ ato to not overfill my tank. while it keeps overfilling and I am just done with it. what is recommended for ATO. I was looking at the tunze but not sure if I want to go back to float valves. I'm looking at the xp aqua duetto dual, the Prism Auto Top Off - ReefBreeders, Exo Auto Top Off - ReefBreeders .

Timbo558922

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have an ato made by XP Aqua that they discontinued, the pump went out so I switched to JBJ ATO. biggest mistake. I am continually cleaning and trying to get this JBJ ato to not overfill my tank. while it keeps overfilling and I am just done with it. what is recommended for ATO. I was looking at the tunze but not sure if I want to go back to float valves. I'm looking at the xp aqua duetto dual, the Prism Auto Top Off - ReefBreeders, Exo Auto Top Off - ReefBreeders .
I use tunze now for the past eight months. No issues at all with over filling the tank. Just make sure to clean the optical sensor every other month or so and it should be fine for you.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 vote for the Tunze 3155… :)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze is the only ATO I will use. I've had mine going for over 15 years and I bought it used.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use tunze now for the past eight months. No issues at all with over filling the tank. Just make sure to clean the optical sensor every other month or so and it should be fine for you.
I've had mine for 15 years and never cleaned the sensor.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either tunze is bulletproof, the more expensive one just has a redundancy optical sensor in case the float were to get stuck somehow

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the float switches actually but I'm in a sump without a cuc down there.

I previously had a setup with a dual optical switch on my waterbox AIO, I hated it. When the optical sensor got remotely covered in salt creep it went to crap.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the float switches actually but I'm in a sump without a cuc down there.

I previously had a setup with a dual optical switch on my waterbox AIO, I hated it. When the optical sensor got remotely covered in salt creep it went to crap.
I prefer the basic 3155 over the other one too, the optical sensors are too finicky for me

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone will laugh, but I used this forever I til I did a diy setup that's controlled by my Apex. You couldn't beat the price (30 bucks at the time) and frankly simple reliability.

Smart Auto Top Off System, ATO System, Fish Tank Sump Water Filler Refiller, Automatic ATO System for Aquarium with Pump

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back