Attention wifi controlled black box owners

Tropical buff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received my light yesterday and out out of the box I am having issues. I think lack of info is the primary issue. following the instructions:
1. download the aquarium light app
2. Press the Reset button on the light (does the unit need to be on and in what mode?) tried all variations none of which worked
3. go to the dropdown menu in the app and select one touch configuration(does not exist the app says router configuration)

so I tried a variety of different things none of which worked. I also noticed a indicator light which is flashing twice. I am sure it means something but there is no mention what so ever about this light. I have as well sent emails to the ebay seller and the manufacturer noted on the brochure. I had big time concerns about this purchase but beyond my better judgement I went ahead with it anyway I just hope I can work thru the issues. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What model and brand?

I think we’ve got a few folks that most of the common ones.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need too check if it goes through your router or through WiFi , I have both , so I know what a nuisance this can be

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s wifi then you will need too go into your phone and change it in your WiFi settings .. through the router then you will need too access that if I remember correctly

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know populargrow has made some updates to their lights. I run a populargrow that is a few years old. Basically, you press and hold the reset for 10 seconds while on. Connect to it's wifi. Enter the provided password. Once that is done, close all apps and reconnect to home wifi. Then open the AqDim app and it should automatically disconnect from home wifi and connect to the light.

OP
OP
Tropical buff

Tropical buff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok came home and tried a to go thru the app and connect to my WiFi with no luck. Un/re In-installed the app and tried to connect again with no luck. The light is also known as galaxy hydro or roleadro. Of course no response from support or the eBay reseller

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I google galaxy hydro or roleadro. , I get 300w grow light and it’s led s are red .. I don’t see any for saltwater tanks ??

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your original post you said it says too go through your router , your last post you mention WiFi .. if it needs too go through your router you will need too access that and add the light there ..

OP
OP
Tropical buff

Tropical buff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light I purchased goes by the name of popular grow the manufacturer also markets the other brands. Based on feedback from others I was told I need to configure the router in the app first. This is what I attempted to do today with no luck.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one uses WiFi .. if I want too adjust the light I must first go into to WiFi in my phone and connect too it then go back into the app too adjust the light .. when I’m done I must reset my WiFi back on my phone ..

C1ADB41C-D9EE-41B3-BC57-59021686551B.jpeg

This one goes through my router .. so when I go into the app I can control it from anywhere in the world .. without having too change my WiFi

F555A2EE-BAA6-407E-8BA4-F8F68CF79CCD.jpeg

For this one I had to go into my router and add the light before the app would see the light ( no pun intended:D)

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was so long ago I set mine up , I can’t remember for sure .i will look through my papers tomorrow see if I can find my instructions , I have the same light I’m sure , and you can take it from me it’s a good light once it’s set up , unfortunately it’s the middle of the night here now 02.10 ..we will get it working for you I’m sure of it ..!!

OP
OP
Tropical buff

Tropical buff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help and reassurance that I made a good purchase. One more thing to add is the indicator light is flashing twice I am sure it means something but the manual does not reference the light at all

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red light is nothing I have it on mine too , I think it’s just a power indicator or something , mine does the same .. oh here’s my tank 90 g I have 3 B.B. over it .. two of which are the same as yours ,, i love these lights , can grow almost anything

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back