August POTM Entry Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter gparr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i get it to 800? i tried it on photobucket but it keep putting it large
 
IMG_3109-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Reef keeper, you should have a menu item in your photo processing software that allows you to change the image size. Just make the width 800 pixels and do a save as. If you don't have image-processing software, let me know and I'll try to help you.
Gary
 
Dowtish, please read the image size requirements in the first post of this thread.
Thanks,
Gary
 
Folks, I'm sorry to be such a stickler for this image size thing. I'm just trying to keep the image sizes within reason and having all images the same relative size keeps the voting on a level playing field, i.e., one large image doesn't visually dominate. In recent months I've been resizing images and posting them on the server that hosts my website. I can't keep doing that. I hope all understand.
Gary
 
Folks, I'm sorry to be such a stickler for this image size thing. I'm just trying to keep the image sizes within reason and having all images the same relative size keeps the voting on a level playing field, i.e., one large image doesn't visually dominate. In recent months I've been resizing images and posting them on the server that hosts my website. I can't keep doing that. I hope all understand.
Gary

Great point and not too much to ask at all.
 
i tried it on photo bucket and i resize and save it then i paste it and it goes large again
 
i tried it on photo bucket and i resize and save it then i paste it and it goes large again

Try uploading the image again using the "bulk uploaded" tool on Photobucket. It gives you the option to resize the image during upload (you should pick the 800x600 resolution) which may resolve your problem. HTH!
 
how many entries may we put in?
 
Blond Hair, Blue-eyed B!+c#35
210-sum-2011-01-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Terence, Nice shot but please read the image-size requirement in the first post in this thread.
Thanks,
Gary
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new