Aurora Goby question

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
For a few months I’ve been looking for a Randall’s goby (Amblyeleotris randalli) to pair with my tiger pistol shrimp. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock everywhere, but I found a place with an Aurora goby (Amblyeleotris Aurora). Does anyone have some experience with them? Are they similar in behavior to Randall’s gobies? How are they as shrimpgobies? Thanks!

steven325

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful and will pair with the pistol if you can keep it in the tank. I bought two before I bought a lid. Both jumped out in the middle of the night. Guessing something spooked em. Bought a yellow watchman and took the lid off.

Lita

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful and will pair with the pistol if you can keep it in the tank. I bought two before I bought a lid. Both jumped out in the middle of the night. Guessing something spooked em. Bought a yellow watchman and took the lid off.
Watchman will jump just as much as any other goby. You can’t keep any goby without a lid in fact I wouldn’t keep anything without at least a jump guard net lid at least. In my experience even the jump guard is insufficient for gobies as they either jump her their head stuck in the hole and hang themselves or they manage to wriggle out and still end up as carpet jerky or cooked under the lights! If keeping gobies you need a tight fitting lid with no holes big enough for them to get their head in.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back