Aurora Goby question

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
11,641
Reaction score
13,157
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
For a few months I’ve been looking for a Randall’s goby (Amblyeleotris randalli) to pair with my tiger pistol shrimp. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock everywhere, but I found a place with an Aurora goby (Amblyeleotris Aurora). Does anyone have some experience with them? Are they similar in behavior to Randall’s gobies? How are they as shrimpgobies? Thanks!
 
They are beautiful and will pair with the pistol if you can keep it in the tank. I bought two before I bought a lid. Both jumped out in the middle of the night. Guessing something spooked em. Bought a yellow watchman and took the lid off.
 
They are beautiful and will pair with the pistol if you can keep it in the tank. I bought two before I bought a lid. Both jumped out in the middle of the night. Guessing something spooked em. Bought a yellow watchman and took the lid off.
Watchman will jump just as much as any other goby. You can’t keep any goby without a lid in fact I wouldn’t keep anything without at least a jump guard net lid at least. In my experience even the jump guard is insufficient for gobies as they either jump her their head stuck in the hole and hang themselves or they manage to wriggle out and still end up as carpet jerky or cooked under the lights! If keeping gobies you need a tight fitting lid with no holes big enough for them to get their head in.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new