OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its wild caught for sure. I would dip it in Baer, check for pests and get it in your tank. Provide it with lots and lots of flow and strong lighting as near 6500k as you can, 10k would be fine also. I see you have black box led and T5 so you may be fighting the lighting some. Since you already have a bunch of corals that are alrway used to your lighting it may be best to just leave the lights be since you dont want to make them unhappy by messing with the light spectrum. As for your water chemistry differences I would really only worry too much about temp, sg and alk as for as acclimation. Personally I would lower the alk in your display, slowly let it drop. If you dose stop for a little while until alk comes down to 7-8, that wild acro will do a lot better near NSW alk levels. Cross your fingers, toes and eyes and hope it survives. Wild and maricultured sps are pretty hard to get adjusted to aqurium conditions.
Thx and I have been slowly bring my Alk back down in my main display as it was getting a bit higher than the 9 dKH that I was looking for. That's why I put it in the qt in the first place to go slow because of my lighting . And when I put it in on the bottom trying to find the right place to put it and figuring out the best way to go about moving it up to the top where it will go in the end if all goes good.

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a few of wc acros from dd. They all lived. They go straight into the tank from the bag. Place it in such a way that it gets flow from the bottom. Elevate the colony, so it has support but the bottom part gets flow, and do not mount right away, let it heal.
Here is my latest colony, about 2 months in, weekly progression pics.

44A2F8EE-3FDB-43B3-A8C8-624068E31964.jpeg

Did you buy that branch knowing it was a fireworks variant mate ?

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get to see my acros fresh off the reef and watch them before and after acclimation to my system so this isn't a guess. I have four different fireworks variants. Three are colored around the classic pattern that everyone knows, purple and blue with sparkly red polyps.
One is very special however because it looks more pinky red than purple and the tips are baby blue/mauve with lime green tip rings and sparkly polyps.
I have a frag i need to move because it's being over grown and shaded but the small part still being hit by the 400W radium is shooting. That's forest fire digi beside it for color reference.

Guess which one yours is mate.

89.jpg

MarinaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3D5CA122-27EC-4F67-8AB3-14EFBA5EAE88.jpeg
I dont know what color it is going to be... it is still morphing, it is always a tough transition for aussie acros. This is from a couple of weeks ago under 400w radiums. Feeding polyps are green, very cool to watch.

I feel bad hijacking the thread, maybe mods can split our discussion, unless OP finds it useful

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get to see my acros fresh off the reef and watch them before and after acclimation to my system so this isn't a guess. I have four different fireworks variants. Three are colored around the classic pattern that everyone knows, purple and blue with sparkly red polyps.
One is very special however because it looks more pinky red than purple and the tips are baby blue/mauve with lime green tip rings and sparkly polyps.
I have a frag i need to move because it's being over grown and shaded but the small part still being hit by the 400W radium is shooting. That's forest fire digi beside it for color reference.

Guess which one yours is mate.

89.jpg
Wow the blue with green in the tips is one I haven't seen yet. Very cool! Did you get just a frag of that or have you seen more than one colony like it?

Bob2bob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got nothing to add except that I love your avatar @Spdjnky and when I saw it in the home page I had to comment. Go Bills!

markfmvl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you just do water changes using water from your DT until the alk is equal or close to it?

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0814.JPG IMG_0819.JPG Here are the latest pictures from Saturday. I have had it in my aquarium since Thursday Morning. This being my first one I am hoping I can do this right and it looks like it's getting some color back I hope as I said I don't know so I'm keeping my hopes up and keeping an eye on all my parameters. IMG_0814.JPG IMG_0819.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks nice! Hope it really colors up well for you!

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral looks good, but that is not good placement for it. You will need to get it up higher.

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by live aquaria to leave it down on the sand bed for a week. But at the same time I see what you are saying. But also is moving it to much to fast a problem?
I have some egg crate that I could build a box that is like 2" to put it on and that way it could get more flow under it?
Just want to do the right thing.

MarinaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, build the support. You will kill the tissue underneath by keeping it on the sand

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own out of 1/4" acrylic sheet and nylon mosquito netting. I had to cut/round one corner for my return plumbing.

IMG_20180518_125342.jpg

IMG_20180518_125532.jpg

Sadly no. I asked and that was a big no no as we might be selling our house, and have two large rectangles left when we leave.

I was told by live aquaria to leave it down on the sand bed for a week. But at the same time I see what you are saying. But also is moving it to much to fast a problem?
I have some egg crate that I could build a box that is like 2" to put it on and that way it could get more flow under it?
Just want to do the right thing.

Unfortunately I don't have any new advice to add outside what we have all said in the thread. I"m rooting for you and the coral. Keep us informed.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your coral doing? I’m thinking about trying a colony from DD.

Personally never had luck with wild acro colonies from dd they have all bleached out 2-4 months later i have tried a couple times with no luck
Not sure about op

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures starting with the picture on DD Of the Coral I can't really say anything to tell you the truth I am just hoping it's alive I have had a lot of problems with my aquarium.
I am trying to put together a new post on everything and Ask for any help and suggestions I can get On how or what is the best and easiest way to save as much livestock Corals everything when I take everything out and start all over again.
But to your question You will need to talk to some more knowledgeable people then me and I will listen.
Sorry I can't be more help I'm not sure about mine.
Phil

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1221.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1597.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back