Automated RODI with Drinking Water

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used these

Looks like those are basic carbon. So does come back to basic carbon block and not remineralizing filter. Thank you.

reefishee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a similar system based on the diagram with the pump moved to after the sediment/carbon filters and have a question. Will the booster pump pressure switch trigger the booster pump when either the large storage tank or the smaller pressure tank are below target back pressure? Or does it only trigger off the large storage tank? Should the booster pressure switch be moved to the line before the 2 systems "Y" apart? Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any advice?

bmeily

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all the ball valves remain open then it will work where it is. But I doubt they are keeping the DI canisters pressurized the whole time since you don’t want to pump small amount of water through your RO membrane. It will keep topping itself off. In that case I would move the pressure switch before the ball valve for the DI. I ran a system just like that for years to my ATO and fridge. I’m adding a solenoid next to that DI ball valve at my next house which will activate when the ATO is empty.

reefishee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it matter which side of the pressure switch between the sediment/carbon & RO membrane I tap into for the booster pump? Thanks for the help!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back