Automatic nitrate/phosphate tester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
G

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all could agree that an automatic nitrate and phosphate tester would be ultra helpful! These things take some time to develop and get right, so it's a bit too early to announce anything at this point in time.

Of course. Nobody would argue that it takes time to develop and get right - and I trust that you would get it right.

But you could share that you are or are not actively investigating the concept and do or do not have plans to release it at some point :)

<3<3<3

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure it would sell well compared automatic alk/cal tester. I think as you mature in the hobby you realize chasing / testing no3/po4 is not as important as what your tank looks like. I test both, once a month but spending on a auto tester would be a waste of imo $$.

OP
OP
G

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure it would sell well compared automatic alk/cal tester. I think as you mature in the hobby you realize chasing / testing no3/po4 is not as important as what your tank looks like. I test both, once a month but spending on a auto tester would be a waste of imo $$.

I guess and I'm sure that is an important part of the research - but not really in the same direction as the question. Unless the point is to change the topic :p

Several other companies offer them so there is obviously a market of some size. I will certainly buy one vs testing manually at any frequency. I would probably pay up to double what the current ones sell at in exchange for better reliability and Apex compatibility. However it would have to be assumed that a company of their size would determine profitability before adding the sku.

scottyroj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all could agree that an automatic nitrate and phosphate tester would be ultra helpful! These things take some time to develop and get right, so it's a bit too early to announce anything at this point in time.
This was 8 years ago that you posted this. Any chance there has been some progress?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still crickets, I'd buy two of them immediately... I guess I'll have to give up and go with the mastertronics, then buy them whenever they come out in 2030 or so...

A bit of a pessimist huh?

They actually gave a surprising answer which is something I wouldn't have thought to be honest. They said useful and it may take some time. They also hinted on this a while back during one of the lets talk reefs. In jest but it was noted. Few things they are probably looking at such as if it makes sense, would it be used, should it be used, and how to handle the potential aftermarket reagent reverse engineering side of things.

Danny McElroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of a pessimist huh?

They actually gave a surprising answer which is something I wouldn't have thought to be honest. They said useful and it may take some time. They also hinted on this a while back during one of the lets talk reefs. In jest but it was noted. Few things they are probably looking at such as if it makes sense, would it be used, should it be used, and how to handle the potential aftermarket reagent reverse engineering side of things.
I was just joking about the 2030, and all joking aside I am a big fan of Neptune, and know they work very hard to produce great products. I am sure that it's on the board now that BRS has taken them over. I am a sucker for anything that connects to my Apex, so anything they add I am likely to buy... the only thing I haven't tried yet are the SKY lights... and the one thing I would love to see more than anything is the phosphate and nitrate test so I can be done with manual testing for good... I would love the option to do a daily nitrate and phosphate test and adjust things like no pox dosing based upon those parameters.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just joking about the 2030, and all joking aside I am a big fan of Neptune, and know they work very hard to produce great products. I am sure that it's on the board now that BRS has taken them over. I am a sucker for anything that connects to my Apex, so anything they add I am likely to buy... the only thing I haven't tried yet are the SKY lights... and the one thing I would love to see more than anything is the phosphate and nitrate test so I can be done with manual testing for good... I would love the option to do a daily nitrate and phosphate test and adjust things like no pox dosing based upon those parameters.

I should have added a smiley face - my apologies.

BossChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should just make a better built version of the trident that doesn’t have as many problems. Just have it take 5 reagents to have it test phosphates snd nitrates daily.

Id sell my 2 tridents and buy 2 of the new ones immediately. Then I could program the apex to turn the skimmer on and off based on levels.

KoiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be the first to buy one when it releases. I am tired of manually testing.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back