Automatic On/Off switch for aquarium sump pump

Quasar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am wanting to make a DIY aquarium sump as I am limited by space, now to do this I am going to run a normal canister filter as a pre-filter and send the return to a sump, and then have a second (separate from the canister filter) return pump to the display tank itself. However as you probably imagined getting the canister filter and second return pump to flow at exactly the same rate all the time might be a bit tricky, and this is where my question resides. Does anyone here know of a system that can turn the return pump on and off at certain desired water levels so that my sump never runs dry or over flows similar to a ATO system but for a more powerful pump?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new