AWC on 90g total volume

elryry

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Messages
395
Reaction score
322
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved my automatic water change equipment (Neptune Apex DOS) over to pull from and feed into my new Reefer 350 G2. I can usually mix up about 20 gallons of saltwater with my Brute can.

What do folks recommend for daily water changes? 1 gallon a day, more?

Anyone think daily AWCs are a bad thing?
 
I run continuous AWC - 1 gpd on my 50 gallon, which comes out to about 2% per day. I also use the DOS.

It's kind of up to you and how well it controls your nutrients. Maybe start with 1 gpd and adjust as needed.
 
I do 5.4 liters per day on my 100 gallon system broken down to every 15 minutes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new