B.W. AMINOS VS R.S. REEF ENERGY

youngreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have experience with brightwel amino? i have been thinking about switching over from r.s.

Attachments

• reefenergy4K.mp4
    49.8 MB

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems people have positive results with it, I have been using it for a few months and can’t say definitely that I’ve seen any noticeable differences in my tank. I would go slow with it and don’t overdose as it can cause undesirable algae growth.

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with the Red Sea product. However, I started using the BW aminos about a month ago and I can say that I have seen increased extension and coloration in my LPS corals.

OP
OP
youngreef

youngreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been a couple of days since i switched over from the green stuff... no difference so far but i do miss pouring the fluorescent stuff in there lol

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used B.W. aminos off and on for about a year. Definitely a prettier tank with vs. without it. I've never tried Reef Energy though, so can't compare.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any feedback on aquavitro fuel?

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Red Sea a+b. Is that the one you’re talking about? If so, any reason as to why you’d switch?

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been a couple of days since i switched over from the green stuff... no difference so far but i do miss pouring the fluorescent stuff in there lol
I love the green nuclear explosion too... Would like to hear about bright-well amino's as well....

OP
OP
youngreef

youngreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Red Sea a+b. Is that the one you’re talking about? If so, any reason as to why you’d switch?
I had been using red sea energy for about two years only because i mainly use R.S. products. The only reason i wated to try brighwell aminos is because i saw the video on worldwidecorals by reef builders. The guy said they had tried every other aminos and only saw am actual reaction from the brighwel version.
i must admit that after two years of using red sead reef energy i was starting to wonder if i really needed it or not. It only seemed to make a difference when nitrate and phosphate levels were at 0.

OP
OP
youngreef

youngreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys! quick update.
its been about three weeks or so im dosing 1ml everynight. on tuesdaya and friday i add it to reefroids and target feed.
my corals have never been better! crazy p.e. and coloration. too soon to tell but im expecting faster growth...
Also just to back the visual feedback my alk went down from 8 to 7.5 in the last week so upped my dosing by 10 mls.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.1%
Back