Baby anemones?

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All! I have a 10 gallon tank with a pair of little clowns and 2 BTAs, a speckled green and a rainbow. Today when I was on my lunch break (aka: drive home and look at my tanks for 20 minutes) I noticed these little guys on the glass. My first thought was baby starfish, but they definitely are attached to the glass. Second thought, baby aiptasia? But I've yet to have any aiptasia (knock on wood) in any of my tanks, and I haven't added anything to this tank since July 1st. Wild thought: are they baby bubble tips?? I haven't seen signs of spawning, but I don't get to spend more than an hour a day observing my tanks so I could've very possibly missed it. Has anyone here had a successful BTA spawn and have any pictures of the babies? I'm sure they'd be small, these guys certainly are. I have a feeling that I'm being overly optimistic about them being baby nems, but a guy can dream!
bbnem.jpg

Best I could do with my cell phone camera on a time crunch, I can get a better picture this evening. Let me know what you guys think!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back