Baby Duncan

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a single head purple duncan, and its finally beginning to get adjusted to my tank. I'm super excited to see this grow with time. I also got a single polyp of zoa with it, but the zoa is being stubborn and unhappy, so I am giving it time to adjust as well. I'm just glad the duncan is looking good.

20200510_183416.jpg

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these. I have 4 heads - I’ll try the target feeding myself - can easily do when I’m feeding my flower anemones. How many times a week do you suggest?

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these. I have 4 heads - I’ll try the target feeding myself - can easily do when I’m feeding my flower anemones. How many times a week do you suggest?
I target feed mine reef roids once a week but my Duncan grabs food from the water column all week during fish feedings.

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to gatecrash the thread but it’s made me look closer at mine. Whilst my heads have grown I’ve not had any extra heads form. However, looking closely now I can see what looks like two heads forming out of the bottom of the stem on one of the big heads - is this how they build their colony?

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to gatecrash the thread but it’s made me look closer at mine. Whilst my heads have grown I’ve not had any extra heads form. However, looking closely now I can see what looks like two heads forming out of the bottom of the stem on one of the big heads - is this how they build their colony?
Yeah you will see little pimple growths at the base of the polyp. Then as they get bigger they start to form a skeleton.
As for roids being a must, thats a no, I was feeding mine mysis and blood worms before I bought a little container of reef roids.

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you will see little pimple growths at the base of the polyp. Then as they get bigger they start to form a skeleton.
As for roids being a must, thats a no, I was feeding mine mysis and blood worms before I bought a little container of reef roids.
Thanks - glad I looked closer. It will certainly get some personal 121 feeding now!

OP
OP
Opalmoon

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be sure to target feed it. Last night was the first night it was bloomed out so i was leery of trying to target feed it. I'll give it some mysis tonight.

OP
OP
Opalmoon

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my coral is so tiny, how many times day/week etc should i target feed?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back