OP
twon8

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, i think i can some better ones later, just have to turn off all the pumps and hope the clownfish will stay still. i was trying to get a shot of him inspecting the eggs with his mouth, but he was too quick.

P1103470.jpg

OP
OP
twon8

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome, you going to try raising them

i plan to at some point; these clowns have been spawning for well over a year, and now there are almost always eggs being taken care of. these are pretty close to hatching
P1103448.jpg

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is absolutely gorgeous...! What an awesomely stable tank you must have, Twon!
:D
Laurie

OP
OP
twon8

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats so cool. Is it hard to raise the babies?
they require a special diet, usually rotifers, live, which require live phytoplankton to live. so basically one has to mantain two cultures for the months? until they get big enough to eat cyclopeeze or similiar

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they require a special diet, usually rotifers, live, which require live phytoplankton to live. so basically one has to mantain two cultures for the months? until they get big enough to eat cyclopeeze or similiar
It would be pretty cool to raise your own clowns but it sounds like alot of work. Is your RBTA in your sps tank or zoa tank? Does it ever wander around the tank at night? I had one for about 2 days. Then it met Mr. Tunze 6000. Im thinking I might get another one. They are just so gorgeous.

OP
OP
twon8

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine tends to stay put, but when i move stuff in the tank around it tends to wander. it did split a few months ago and half of it found the 6100, so i feel your pain on that one. i've had it nearly three years and once it found a spot it liked it always remained there until i disturbed it.

it is in my sps tank, right now it is in hole it will likley stay

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those should turn loss tonight. when they start squrmmin around he will help remove them. I have some rotifers if you dont have any already making. I only have 18 fry left. They will be a week old tomorrow. I had a really hard time caughting mine. I built me a box on front of my Overflow to caughtum. looks like your going to be able to take your out. Thats a big A++ . better get the green water to curein

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kinda of Clowns? A buddy of mine had Clarkis that would lay eggs every month you could set a clok to them....Very cool Pictures Twon....

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back