Back After a Loooong Break

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I’m just starting to get back into the hobby after a looong break, so I consider myself a complete newbie. Back in 2008 I lived in Florida and had a 12g biocube nano reef. I really enjoyed it and kept it going for about a year, but then I had to sell everything and move to Alaska and live got busy. A few years ago, I moved back down to Wisconsin and just recently saw an ad for a LFS and got the itch again!

I’m looking to build a 15-20g nano reef, but I’m going slower this time. I know I’m moving within the state next June, so I don’t plan on getting things wet until after that. For now, I’m going to be learning and planning.

This time around I’d like to be more intentional about my tank, save up and get good gear, plan things out, and take the time to really establish a good foundation. My last tank was very much flying by the seat of my pants, but I’ve grown and changed a lot since 2008!

Anyway, I look forward to leaning here!
WELCOME!

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GMP_U2F2ZUdIMDE=.gif

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see someone else coming back to the hobby, and welcome to R2R.
yeah, moving to Alaska for 6 years and then moving and getting busy with kids made me take a break and then it's like I forgot that I *could* have a reef tank again! Now my kids are 17 and 19 and an ad for a LFS just popped up for me on Facebook and I was like, "Yeah...now's a great time to start again!"

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back