Back into Saltwater

Bozburn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Back into saltwater after being away from it for about 8-10 years. I had a 125 gal back when I was in college and now that I am in a house I am going to be in for a long time, with a good career and an understanding wife I decided to get back into it.

I now have a Planet Aquariums 260 gal tank, Trigger systems sump, Apex, G4 Radions, Nyos skimmer and mp60s.

I got water in the tank back in July and have put some fish in there, but had an ich outbreak last month and now am down to just a Pintail Fairy Wrasse. Trying to decide on what to do next, try and catch the wrasse (not going so well) and QT it and let the Ich die out or just slowly add back fish and manage the Ich. Glad to be on the forums and will start posting more!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

If I were you I would use a fish trap to get the wrasse and go fallow to eradicate ich. It takes a while but if you don't it will inevitably kill more of your fish if they get stressed by something as simple as a power outage and temperature drop.

OP
OP
Bozburn

Bozburn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

If I were you I would use a fish trap to get the wrasse and go fallow to eradicate ich. It takes a while but if you don't it will inevitably kill more of your fish if they get stressed by something as simple as a power outage and temperature drop.
Thanks! Going to start using a different trap tonight and do that. Hopefully get it knocked out this fall and get back to slowly adding fish!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back