Back to Reefing!

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new members (wife and I) up here up in Alaska. Finally getting back into saltwater after we sold our last (and first) tank in 2013, to move to AK. We recently moved in state closer to an area with available saltwater supplies, so it's on!!

Wanted to throw out a quick introduction since I'll likely be asking you all a number of questions (after searching of course!) as we get acclimated back to the hobby. We are pumped!

We will be running a 55 gallon tank, no sump - I'm just finishing the final touches on a custom stand (will start a build thread as well!). BRS 4-stage RODI system is installed and ready for duty! Lighting, skimmer, pumps, other accessories already in hand. Anticipating next week to run to town for live sand and live rock, and we'll be rolling.

Current progress:

20220410_175809.jpg

Our last 55 gallon, circa 2013. Miss that tank..

DSC_0525.jpg

Anyway, see y'all around the forum!

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby! Look forward to seeing your progress. We have a number of customers we ship to in Alaska regularly. If there is ever anything we can help with don't hesitate to reach out.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and hello to you and your wife,beautiful tank you had back long ago in 2013.
I'm guessing some kind of pump with a guard on,but what exactiy is it out if curiousity ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-183650_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220413-183650_Chrome.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
907_Reefer

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! Hoping the new tank runs as good as the old setup, and hoping my stand is level when I move it into the house :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Welcome to R2R!

Curious - how are the LFS in AK?

6F729859-B277-4FDA-B729-03AD9EB84FF6.gif

Few and far between, as far as non-Petco type store go! AFAIK, none down on the Kenai Peninsula, none up toward Fairbanks, I'm not familiar with the southeast/Juneau area, but luckily we have one in Anchorage (Alaska Coral & Fish) that has a good selection and are super knowledgeable, we'll be using them for our LFS. Prior to moving up north here, the closest saltwater option (still them) was ~275 miles away.

Welcome back to the hobby! Look forward to seeing your progress. We have a number of customers we ship to in Alaska regularly. If there is ever anything we can help with don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks - definitely will be browsing your selection!

Welcome and hello to you and your wife,beautiful tank you had back long ago in 2013.
I'm guessing some kind of pump with a guard on,but what exactiy is it out if curiousity ^_^

Thanks! That was the intake for our protein skimmer. Can't say I'll remember what brand that was though! Bought around early 2012.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back