Bacterial bloom, fish gasping

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had a good explanation for occasional mystery blooms that happen sometimes in people's tanks.

Unless there's a big spawning or spore release event, then I can't come up with how you can get the huge food required for a bloom on a repeated occasional basis like this.

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had a good explanation for occasional mystery blooms that happen sometimes in people's tanks.

Unless there's a big spawning or spore release event, then I can't come up with how you can get the huge food required for a bloom on a repeated occasional basis like this.
Usually I run an air stone in case the skimmer gets clogged. I might lose a coral or anemone.

This time was weird, within a day, all of my snails started dying, and bristle worms were coming out of the sand and rocks dead. My fish were dying, even with an air stone on high.

I put all my fish in buckets with air stones. My big fat healthy hippo and yellow tang died. I lost about half my fish. And most of my coral is going downhill, I put it in a new tank because I had to break down my display, it was heartbreaking.

I have the coral in a small tank, the rock in a garbage can, and my nano as well are all getting the bacterial bloom and super cloudy water. It’s unbelievable

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back