Balancing Nitrate and Phosphate

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family. Just did the Chemiclean treatment a couple of weeks ago for the first time. Worked like a charm. Now I just have to get to the root of it, which is the hard part as described by others above.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy and welcome to R2R!! Tank looks great!

409E01A3-051B-441E-9044-87B6F4CEED33.jpeg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dosed 600mg of chemiclean, which is a touch under my water volume, as it's 65g!

Will report back, thanks all for the replies. Have great growth and colour, just a shame that the cyano is there.

Also, the rock has been identified to release silicates and phosphate into the water. It's a pretty new product here in the UK, and I couldn't resist ultra light branches for a rockscape!
Please, let us know how it go's. I have used it once and I have to say my sps actually looked better after, go figure. Once the cyano is gone, then you can start to look and see what caused the cyano.

Reeferdude1888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi if you run chemi clean remember to make sure your water is we'll oxygenated during the treatment Time and then perform water change afterwords ,chemi clean is great for getting rid of ceano I've used it on a couple of occasions hope this was helpful.

Johny Cash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome!!

I have heard many success stories, with elevated No3 and Po4 every tank is different, now we all know that 16:1 is Redfield ratio, however that doesn't apply to our home aquariums, much or less i have done ton of research on this topic anywhere from 16:1, 10:1, 8:1, I hope that you will find your ratio that works for you, as mentioned above your are not far off.

I added a link below, for some of the masters water parameters have a take a look. Bringing up No3 may help in your case

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, seems to be great so far. Any photos of your tank build yet? I was following on UR, keen to see the setup!
Im not putting it on UR for reasons best unsaid.
Im still in the planning stage so nothing to report yet, but when i get everything planned ill start the thread on here so people can tell me whats good and bad and take it from there.

OP
OP
Terrapod

Terrapod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not putting it on UR for reasons best unsaid.
Im still in the planning stage so nothing to report yet, but when i get everything planned ill start the thread on here so people can tell me whats good and bad and take it from there.
You should say?

I just left UR for bullying from the "the Sunday club" .

Was the tank not due for delivery at Xmas? Have you not got anything set up yet?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 118 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 29.6%
Back