Bamboo shark egg

JJ"sSouthernAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I got me a bamboo shark egg last night and was wondering if yall had any recommendation on keeping them, raising them, caring for them, etc. this is my first time doing anything with sharks so anything will be appreciated.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How large is your tank? Bamboo sharks need a tank with a footprint of at least 8'x3' and a capacity of several hundred gallons to survive as adults. Avoid triggerfish, large tangs, angelfish, and butterflyfish as they will all pick at the shark. I hope that this helps!

OP
OP
JJ"sSouthernAquatics

JJ"sSouthernAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How large is your tank? Bamboo sharks need a tank with a footprint of at least 8'x3' and a capacity of several hundred gallons to survive as adults. Avoid triggerfish, large tangs, angelfish, and butterflyfish as they will all pick at the shark. I hope that this helps!
rn he's in my 5 gallon reef . I'm going to move him over to my ten gallon since it has less flow (btw the only reason he's in that small of a tank is since it's still in the egg) I'm planning on making a small pond thing in my room ( don't know exactly how that'll work tho)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rn he's in my 5 gallon reef . I'm going to move him over to my ten gallon since it has less flow (btw the only reason he's in that small of a tank is since it's still in the egg) I'm planning on making a small pond thing in my room ( don't know exactly how that'll work tho)
Young bamboos can grow quite fast and you may find the 10 gallon to be too small in a few weeks (possibly a month or two).

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back