Banned Topics

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that some virus threads were closed, but I thought it was because they turned political. But then, I had one closed because I asked whether or not it might be possible for the little boogers to live in saltwater or if saltwater might actually work as a disinfectant, and there were no political responses. I'm not complaining but think banned topics should be made clear in stickies instead of threads just being closed out of the blue. I'm guessing politics is a banned subject and would like to suggest another. I suggest all threads focused on global warming, man-made global warming, climate change, etc. be banned. These always result in fights and politics, and each side trying to cram their beliefs down the throats of the other side. Just as there is plenty of information out there on a particular virus, there is plenty of information out there on climate change, whichever side you fall on. Keeping it off the R2R site will force people to fight about it elsewhere. JMHO.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found that some virus threads were closed, but I thought it was because they turned political. But then, I had one closed because I asked whether or not it might be possible for the little boogers to live in saltwater or if saltwater might actually work as a disinfectant, and there were no political responses. I'm not complaining but think banned topics should be made clear in stickies instead of threads just being closed out of the blue. I'm guessing politics is a banned subject and would like to suggest another. I suggest all threads focused on global warming, man-made global warming, climate change, etc. be banned. These always result in fights and politics, and each side trying to cram their beliefs down the throats of the other side. Just as there is plenty of information out there on a particular virus, there is plenty of information out there on climate change, whichever side you fall on. Keeping it off the R2R site will force people to fight about it elsewhere. JMHO.

Thanks for the feedback! The Virus threads are now moved to a Covid forum for those that want to participate. As far as the other threads go if one gets closed we are going to do a better job at communicating why it was closed.

Thank you.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 144 61.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.1%
Back