Bare bottom HDPE thickness

HDPE thickness

  • 1/8”

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 1/4”

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 3/8”

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/2”

    Votes: 2 16.7%

  • Total voters
    12

Hausser

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2015
Messages
512
Reaction score
255
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly setting up my redsea reefer 650 peninsula bare bottom, how thick should I go with HPDE? I seen BRS has 1/8” and a couple other sites people are going with 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2”. How thick is everyone going with on their bare bottom reefs.
 
I went with 1/2'' black on my 525XL and it looks great.
 
Half inch so you dont have to worry about warping
 
I got 1/4”. Haven’t gotten the tank yet though! What do you guys use to cut it? Circular saw?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new