Bare bottom or sand bed grow out tank

707 Reefer

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
2
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm starting a separate grow out tank for my z and p collection. I'm debating on going bare bottom or adding sand. All of my zoas are mounted on 2" circular disk. What do you all recommend? The only livestock I'll be housing in the grow out tank is a six line wrasse and one turbo snail. Pros and cons on your choice would help me decide, thanks.
 
I have a 80gallon z/p tank half with sand half with not I get far better growth on the sand side since the z/p use sand to construct new tissue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new