Basic light requirements

patmini13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently converting my brackish aquarium to a saltwater aquarium. It is a 14 gallon bio cube and it is also my first introduction into saltwater. I bought the tank used and the light in the hood did not work. I removed the electronics and retrofitted an under cabinet white led bar, and an rgb led strip (on full blue) as a temporary solution. I am curious what kind of lighting I will need whenever the tank is full saltwater or if I’ll ever be able to add corals. I’d prefer to build my own solution rather than buying a premade light because I’m a broke college student. Any information or DIY tips would be appreciated.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new