basting corals

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2016
Messages
4,349
Reaction score
2,278
Location
Allentown PA
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have always basted my rocks and sometimes my SPS. I was wondering who else does this and why do you do it?

I do the rocks mostly just to feel up detritus and sometimes I do my SPS as I notice some of the larger colonies do not get a lot of flow in the middle so I baste it to feel some stuff up.
 
I use a baster in my tank often. I kick up the settled stuff in rocks and around corals. Especially on my monti cap where it collects in creases.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new