Battery Powered Airpump

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've personally used this one in my quarantine tank. Works great. Kicks on when the powers lost. And you can set it to either run constantly or pulse, and you can extend the pulse increments.

I have one of these as well. I used the D battery powered pumps for years, but got tired of remembering to change batteries, have batteries go bad, etc. I plan to add more of these in the future.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have at least 6 of the Rescue Airs (‘just in case’). Also very useful when buying fish or coral or life rock and driving them home from the LFS (bagged, or even in a bucket). Even powered it from the cars USB plug.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad above and the post won't let me edit it. It is the Penn Plax B11 not the B10 and it turns on auto and takes 2 D batteries:
1600358809897.png
Excellent. Thanks!! I think that's the one I saw but even if it's a different model the fact that it turns on automatically is what's important!

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent. Thanks!! I think that's the one I saw but even if it's a different model the fact that it turns on automatically is what's important!
I realize this is an old thread, but trying my luck with what may be a remarkably stupid question haha so does the B11 run as your everyday air pump, and then when the power goes out it simply kicks over to the D cell batteries to save the day? :)

I was reading up on the Penn Plax B11 after seeing the other power outage thread, even have one in my cart- but saw a review online that confused me & realized I may not understand how these work… many thanks for your reply if you see this! :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back