Battle Corals, Next Level stuff!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mrrtheory

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get over just how amazing the intial quality and value the product and presentation is from Battle Corals. Many folks are growing fine quality corals today. It's not just Aquaculturist either, hobbyists and Commercially minded "hobbyists" are all in the mix and to varying degrees and doing great. But often there is something missing. Whether it's a question of quality controls, shipping practices or presentation everyone has their challenges. Over-selling has become a huge issue, consumer backlash has kept it in check somewhat and possibly started a regression toward accurate descriptions and depictions but it's still a concern.
You can ship the greatest product known to man but if it dies during or shortly after shipping, looks questionable or comes wrapped in a turd we are all likely to be less than pleased. So it truly is a pleasure to be under-sold on a product that is easy to get excited about. The packaging and presentation is out of this world and probably should be considered the gold standard in this hobby.
It is obvious, at least to me that the product shipped to me was not a transaction fully centered around financial gain but was possibly about one persons dream to offer a product that offers the quality and value he himself would want to receive. The pictures should speak for themselves.

20200623_144239.jpg 20200623_140328.jpg 20200623_140251.jpg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can't get over just how amazing the intial quality and value the product and presentation is from Battle Corals. Many folks are growing fine quality corals today. It's not just Aquaculturist either, hobbyists and Commercially minded "hobbyists" are all in the mix and to varying degrees and doing great. But often there is something missing. Whether it's a question of quality controls, shipping practices or presentation everyone has their challenges. Over-selling has become a huge issue, consumer backlash has kept it in check somewhat and possibly started a regression toward accurate descriptions and depictions but it's still a concern.
You can ship the greatest product known to man but if it dies during or shortly after shipping, looks questionable or comes wrapped in a turd we are all likely to be less than pleased. So it truly is a pleasure to be under-sold on a product that is easy to get excited about. The packaging and presentation is out of this world and probably should be considered the gold standard in this hobby.
It is obvious, at least to me that the product shipped to me was not a transaction fully centered around financial gain but was possibly about one persons dream to offer a product that offers the quality and value he himself would want to receive. The pictures should speak for themselves.

Day Made:). thank you! Really glad you are happy with the pack

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can't read the bags what are the names. Getting s box in early july

Mr. Leemr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a frag pack a while back, was also blown away at the packaging and the included care requirements of each individual frag, game changer. only lost one frag out of the group and I’m already planning my next order.

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s it I have been wanting to get a battle box and I guess my wife hasn’t got the hint battle corals will be my next order they look great!

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mrrtheory - I hope you don't mind me posting here to piggyback off of your experience.

My Battlebox arrived this morning in great shape. FedEx was a little late but nothing to be concerned with. Corals were well packed as always with some very nice frags. Love the new labeled shipping bags. Really nice touch! Just waiting for my lighting to come on to get a better view. Will post a picture later.
Thanks so much Adam

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrrtheory

mrrtheory

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't replug your frags? Im always nervous of foreign algae :D

Honesty, algae hasn't been a huge problem for me. I treat the plugs with hydrogen peroxide which pretty much nukes any algae that is on it. That combined with the use of fairly low nutrients, Vibrant and NoPox creates a fairly hostile environment for algae I think. I'm normally more concerned with keeping up on my N03 and P04 dosing to keep my nutrients off of 0 so I dont trigger a dino attack. I also inspect the plugs with a digital microscope after I dip to make sure there are no hitchhikers that I can see at 100X... I probably could do better but its what I have time for right now.

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s it I have been wanting to get a battle box and I guess my wife hasn’t got the hint battle corals will be my next order they look great!
And it’s done put my order in today at battle corals and I’m leaving it all in Adams hands with my battle box can’t wait whoop whoop!!

OP
OP
mrrtheory

mrrtheory

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't read the bags what are the names. Getting s box in early july

These should be close:

1: I ❤ the Monster Hero
2: Either BC Magic Wand or BC Shining Armor ( I mixed them up)
3: Orange setosa
4: Westside Rainbow
5: Lemon peel
6: Either BC Magic Wand or BC Shining Armor ( I mixed them up)
7: Rainbow Brite

They are all great but out of all of them one is clearly my favorite. Lemon Peel. I am not the astute collector of SPS or corals in general like some of you are but I have seen a lot of coral in the 8 years or so I have been tinkering with this and I have never seen an Acropora fragment (perhaps any coral in general) show true yellow like this. It is yellow in 6k, it is yellow in 10k, it is yellow in 14k, it is yellow in 20k and it is surely yellow in all blue light, I checked them all. Its baffling!

20200624_194600.jpg 20200624_194209.jpg

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These should be close:

1: I ❤ the Monster Hero
2: Either BC Magic Wand or BC Shining Armor ( I mixed them up)
3: Orange setosa
4: Westside Rainbow
5: Lemon peel
6: Either BC Magic Wand or BC Shining Armor ( I mixed them up)
7: Rainbow Brite

They are all great but out of all of them one is clearly my favorite. Lemon Peel. I am not the astute collector of SPS or corals in general like some of you are but I have seen a lot of coral in the 8 years or so I have been tinkering with this and I have never seen an Acropora fragment (perhaps any coral in general) show true yellow like this. It is yellow in 6k, it is yellow in 10k, it is yellow in 14k, it is yellow in 20k and it is surely yellow in all blue light, I checked them all. Its baffling!

20200624_194600.jpg 20200624_194209.jpg
Now I'm even more excited to get my battle box... chomping at the bit

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back