Battlecorals Bliss and Shag Priority discussion thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Contest Piece Selections

• Therman's Rainbow

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • BC Bliss

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • June Ruby

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Shag Priority

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • Red Robin

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm a little bummed. I wanted to be in this contest till the end. I got into it to see how my skills stacked up with some of the other players. I have no doubt about my skills, cause I do have some good things going on. I had a reef tank about 20 years ago. Had to give it up. It was tough back then. But the itch was always there. So I got back into it 2 years ago. Pushed things in the beginning. Made mistakes. But thanks to R2R I have learned a ton! There a lot of good people on this site. I don't give up. I'll be back for the next "grow out". Y'all better watch out!

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks man ..... I also lost a couple of frags when I treated my tank but it was only 5 months old and some what expected!!!

I wonder how many people leave there macro algae’s in there refuigum before the flucanozole treatment!?!?!

Because you are supposed to take it out before treatment !!! So if you leave them in, then they also will leach PO4 and NO3 into your reef because of some die off????

Just my 2 cents, what’s y’alls opinion ???

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm a little bummed. I wanted to be in this contest till the end. I got into it to see how my skills stacked up with some of the other players. I have no doubt about my skills, cause I do have some good things going on. I had a reef tank about 20 years ago. Had to give it up. It was tough back then. But the itch was always there. So I got back into it 2 years ago. Pushed things in the beginning. Made mistakes. But thanks to R2R I have learned a ton! There a lot of good people on this site. I don't give up. I'll be back for the next "grow out". Y'all better watch out!
I dropped out of the snipers and know how you feel there will be another one and I’m sure u will do great in it

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks man ..... I also lost a couple of frags when I treated my tank but it was only 5 months old and some what expected!!!

I wonder how many people leave there macro algae’s in there refuigum before the flucanozole treatment!?!?!

Because you are supposed to take it out before treatment !!! So if you leave them in, then they also will leach PO4 and NO3 into your reef because of some die off????

Just my 2 cents, what’s y’alls opinion ???
Depends on what you read. Everything I read said to leave it in. That's what I did.
The thing about fluconozole is you have to monitor your NO3 And PO4. Parameters. Acros don't like change. You can probably get away with an alk swing better than a swing on those parameters.

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t wanna over do it in the competition thread so here are a couple top down shots of the shag priority from last week.

88A1C238-088A-4645-861B-C545197F8FF9.jpeg
40169E8F-EC9F-4493-8A43-ECEBC612BE6F.jpeg

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t wanna over do it in the competition thread so here are a couple top down shots of the shag priority from last week.

88A1C238-088A-4645-861B-C545197F8FF9.jpeg
40169E8F-EC9F-4493-8A43-ECEBC612BE6F.jpeg
I’m jealous of how good yours looks. Creeped on your build thread and saw you’re running the t5 hybrid. Did you notice a big difference after switch to it? Mine is still not extending its polyps much.

All my other sps frags are extending and look good but this one not so much

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@thaveteran Holy cow man!! Your frag looks great! Not sure if it's the lighting or what, but the pink tip color looks very cool;Wideyed!
Great job so far!

Thanks. I can't say I've done anything special. I was luckily to receive a piece that was already in growth mode and it appears to be encrusting and coloring up. I see the pink tips on a few of the other entries if you look hard enough.

Jason Hieger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PO4 0 :eek:

Do you have a lot of macro's?

Just a friendly reminder the other thread is for entries only. I’m assuming you are referencing macro algae? I don’t have any or run a Refugium. My only source for nutrient export is a simmer and water changes. I actually just turned my skimmer up after 2 months of not skimming.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out had a ph probe leak gel into my tank and wipe out a bunch of my sps including my shag. Good luck everyone in the rest of the contest.

Back