Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nice to see how everyone's frags progressed this month. I think over the next month or two is when we will start to see some real growth.

This is the last day of the month to get your pics in for October. There is still 14 people that need to post for this month.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m officially out. Unless by some under the sea miracle it sprouts new flesh lol

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m officially out. Unless by some under the sea miracle it sprouts new flesh lol
You never know, its happened before.
giphy.gif

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nice to see how everyone's frags progressed this month. I think over the next month or two is when we will start to see some real growth.

This is the last day of the month to get your pics in for October. There is still 14 people that need to post for this month.

How many people total are in the contest?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is still in but 2 people I believe as their frags didn't make it. You are allowed to miss 2 updates before being disqualified.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this month’s photo. I don’t think I made any progress this month. Except some browning and general blah-ness of the frag.

I also had a small aefw explosion which has died back a bit and I didn’t see any bite marks on the snipers specifically. However, I have started treatment with Purge to see if I can kick these things once and for all. This is all probably accounting for the general decline/lackluster appearance of my sps lately.

That and my chaeto is so packed it’s probably dying off and ineffective. But, I’m not sure I want to upset the system more by paring it back, kicking up detritus and adding water to the system with the ongoing Purge treatment. Sigh.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you always had the flatworms or a new discovery?
I had them in a previous tank, which I ended up tearing down almost a year ago. I dipped all the sps in Bayer following all the rules at that time. Several ended up dying. A few made it through which are in the new tank. However, I don't think I carried them over. I think it ended up a re-infestation as I had not noticed any in this tank for the first 8 months of it's life. Only in the past month. But, I also haven't added anything new recently so...who knows.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this month’s photo. I don’t think I made any progress this month. Except some browning and general blah-ness of the frag.

I also had a small aefw explosion which has died back a bit and I didn’t see any bite marks on the snipers specifically. However, I have started treatment with Purge to see if I can kick these things once and for all. This is all probably accounting for the general decline/lackluster appearance of my sps lately.

That and my chaeto is so packed it’s probably dying off and ineffective. But, I’m not sure I want to upset the system more by paring it back, kicking up detritus and adding water to the system with the ongoing Purge treatment. Sigh.

Anyone know how to keep detritus from building up in the cheato?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to keep detritus from building up in the cheato?

I've seen some people put it elevated in an egg crate cage of sorts. Not sure how well it works? Also they say tumbling helps, but that's also a pain in the butt to try and keep going perfect. I dunno, mine looks like crap right now, I just take it out and squeeze it in fresh saltwater, then throw it back in.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol
I’ll keep it for a month and see if any new appendages pop up :D
Dude, leave it in there! I had a lost frag of a Cherry Shortcake completely gone, could not get the plug off, so I just trimmed the dead SPS stuff off.
A few months later I saw red fluorescence coming out of the plug surface. Now it's tiny but it came back !!!

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol
I’ll keep it for a month and see if any new appendages pop up :D
I am also not 100% on mine yet after my lights were out for a week plus. But i took it out right before i left for this business trip and it still has that acro smell. It's brown but when i got back from Fiji it was white. Hopefully yours will make it, and mine too lol good luck

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back