Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eatmoreyeah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you look at the Orphek OR series? I think the price is comparable to the SB reef series.
https://orphek.com/or-bar-led-light/

I wanted to add supplemental lighting to my DT. I was going back and forth between the Orphek OR and the Reebrite XHO. I knew how much I liked the XHOs because I run them on my frag system in conjunction with a 6 Bulb ATI. However, the price point is considerable compared to the Orpheks. The OR 120 is $160 shipped whereas the XHO is $352. The downside regarding the ORs is the lack of information. I couldn't find much feedback from people running them.

So I took a chance and ordered 1 Orphek OR 120 (Sky Blue). The build quality IMHO is far better than my Reefbrite and the color spectrum I chose is very similar to the XHO. I've had the Orphek mounted to my Giesemann Aurora for roughly 10 days and the 2nd OR fixture will be here Monday. Just in time for the growout contest ;).

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the length of time to pay for our “reserved space” From the start of this grow out, I’d say that whoever was on the main list that didn’t pay as of this date/time should be excluded and all/any of the other members on the backup list should be notified that they are eligible to take part in this event.

tbaity1401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to add supplemental lighting to my DT. I was going back and forth between the Orphek OR and the Reebrite XHO. I knew how much I liked the XHOs because I run them on my frag system in conjunction with a 6 Bulb ATI. However, the price point is considerable compared to the Orpheks. The OR 120 is $160 shipped whereas the XHO is $352. The downside regarding the ORs is the lack of information. I couldn't find much feedback from people running them.

So I took a chance and ordered 1 Orphek OR 120 (Sky Blue). The build quality IMHO is far better than my Reefbrite and the color spectrum I chose is very similar to the XHO. I've had the Orphek mounted to my Giesemann Aurora for roughly 10 days and the 2nd OR fixture will be here Monday. Just in time for the growout contest ;).
I'd heard similar sentiments from others and i think they're even cheaper than the sb reef light bars.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank has almost always run really low nutrients. The last test was .01 po4 and 0 no3. Afte joining the grow out contest and wanted to get a little help with some Reef Roids (I couldn't let @PSXerholic get ahead by pumping his full of roid and not me, lol) . I started feeding it last weekend and today I checked my nutrients. po4 is .18 and no3 2.5, granted I heavy handed it. Not bad numbers but not what I am use to seeing come up on the test. I think I am done with Reef Roids for now, lol.

I notice no difference in coral color and alk hasn't went up or down, so it seems the tank is just going with it.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank has almost always run really low nutrients. The last test was .01 po4 and 0 no3. Afte joining the grow out contest and wanted to get a little help with some Reef Roids (I couldn't let @PSXerholic get ahead by pumping his full of roid and not me, lol) . I started feeding it last weekend and today I checked my nutrients. po4 is .18 and no3 2.5, granted I heavy handed it. Not bad numbers but not what I am use to seeing come up on the test. I think I am done with Reef Roids for now, lol.

I notice no difference in coral color and alk hasn't went up or down, so it seems the tank is just going with it.

I started a thread asking about this a while back. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-roids-no3-po4.348575/
Got a little feedback from guys using it, but not enough for me to use it other than once a blue moon. I have a jar of reefroids sitting on a shelf, along with polyp booster and sone other drop poly lab makes in the fridge. Any time I have dosed any of them, I notice no difference in coral color, maybe a little bit of polyp extension, but that's about it. Maybe with dosing more consistently I would see results?

LRS reef frenzy, fish poop, light, flow and stable elements for me. That's it. I did try a small bottle of acropower for a couple weeks and would be willing to give that another shot for a longer period.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just contacted Adam about setting up shipping. Hopefully can figure out a day my wife is off work.

What I’ve found with people making payment. If they do not make payment immediately or within 24 hours 99% of the time they will not pay. I sell quite a bit online and if someone doesn’t make payment after asking they’re question, I can all but guarantee they won’t.

So i think the people from the original list who have not paid should be removed. Then give the back up list a week to pay. It’s not fair for people to be receiving frags a month after. That’s a month they don’t have to care for it and it’s growing well in Adams tank.

How’s that song go? That credit **** forget it

Edit: just locked in with Adam for Tuesday ship be here Wednesday! That works as I got a order from Matt V that day. Also my sons first day of kindergarten. Going to be a busy day for my wife hahahaha

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like we're in a similar boat;)

My system is 13 months old. Still has it's ups and downs.

I am seeing a good amount of sponge growth now so I think I am over what I call the new tank blues. It will be great to follow along for the next year and see how your tank progresses. I hope to learn a lot from the master acro collectors

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag ships on Wednesday for Thursday delivery!!

Are we taking a photo the first day to get a starting baseline? I guess I should go back and read the rules lol. I didn’t expect to get in so I overlooked them.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag ships on Wednesday for Thursday delivery!!

Are we taking a photo the first day to get a starting baseline? I guess I should go back and read the rules lol. I didn’t expect to get in so I overlooked them.
You have 3 days to get a pic uploaded to the site IN the official entries thread. That thread also has all the rules. A link to that thread is on the first post of this thread.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you postponing it for a week?
Also How many Corals you have coming I’m excited for the four that are coming my way gotta get my lights hung ASAP tho
I am not choosing to postpone it. Adam said there are storms in Memphis tonight so it's better safe than sorry and I agree. I would hate for all my frags to turn up dead. Memphis seems like a horrible hub as things are always delayed there. He's full the rest of the week shipping coral, so they earliest he had was next week.

I dont remember exactly how many frags I have coming. I kept adding more as time went on but I think around 15. I need to sit down and confirm what's coming.

Weather delay? When is that? I'm expecting mine wednesday
The weather was an issue for tonight's shipments.

Last edited:

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not choosing to postpone it. Adam said there are storms in Memphis tonight so it's better safe than sorry and I agree. I would hate for all my frags to turn up dead. Memphis seems like a horrible hub as things are always delayed there. He's full the rest of the week shipping coral, so they earliest he had was next week.

I dont remember exactly how many frags I have coming. I kept adding more as time went on but I think around 15. I need to sit down and confirm what's coming.

The weather was an issue for tonight's shipments.

Smart move on Adam to postpone it, IMO. It's actually pretty nasty at my house right now. I'm about 30 miles south of Adam. Pretty sure he'll see some of these storms as well. Better safe than sorry.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I had to make the call this AM. It's always a total cluster when i have to hold off and reschedule, but I decided better safe than sorry on my shipments going through memphis tonight just out of caution. Although, the forecast doesn't look nearly as dreadful now as it did earlier this am. What can you do? When you get 10-15 boxes all stuck, it's a problem I generally try to avoid.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had to make the call this AM. It's always a total cluster when i have to hold off and reschedule, but I decided better safe than sorry on my shipments going through memphis tonight just out of caution. Although, the forecast doesn't look nearly as dreadful now as it did earlier this am. What can you do? When you get 10-15 boxes all stuck, it's a problem I generally try to avoid.
Do you find Memphis to be a problem hub in general?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you find Memphis to be a problem hub in general?

not really. I mean bad weather will stop flights at any hub. There are just certain times where a little caution is not a bad call. Especially with multiple orders

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back