Bayer vs Bio

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds great. And so just to confirm, do long as it's the complete insect killer it's the same stuff?
Beta cyfluthrin and Imidacloprid are the active ingredients in the bayer that everyone uses
Just make sure the active ingredients are right and your good to go

OP
OP
T

TDDredge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new and old labeis :)
WP_20200611_06_46_54_Pro.jpg
So funny story. I go to my local lowes, and THEY HAVE BOTH, some with the bayer label, some with bioadvanced. Cue me looking like some sort of lunatic choosing between otherwise identical products. After much consulting on the internet, which says that this stuff can go bad after 3-5 years, and research into the merger that happened in 2016, I went with the bio advanced, on the premise that the bayer might be expired. But I examined the labels for ages, and they seem to be the same. Doesn't have a total ingredients list, but the active ingredients part, the bit that matters, was identical. So fun fact, those bayer labels are still out there! @xxkenny90xx

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So funny story. I go to my local lowes, and THEY HAVE BOTH, some with the bayer label, some with bioadvanced. Cue me looking like some sort of lunatic choosing between otherwise identical products. After much consulting on the internet, which says that this stuff can go bad after 3-5 years, and research into the merger that happened in 2016, I went with the bio advanced, on the premise that the bayer might be expired. But I examined the labels for ages, and they seem to be the same. Doesn't have a total ingredients list, but the active ingredients part, the bit that matters, was identical. So fun fact, those bayer labels are still out there! @xxkenny90xx
That's odd, sounds like a big decision! I know it's too late now but heres some pics of what I use
20200818_180209.jpg
20200818_180200.jpg

OP
OP
T

TDDredge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@xxkenny90xx Yup that's what I've got. I'm definitely being a little neurotic, but I really also want the corals to be happy and pest free, and for my fish and CUC to be happy. So until it's all said and done, I'll be a little bit paranoid lol. Thank you for sending those pictures! I really appreciate all of your input here.

Ace A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my 1st set of corals and can confirm this thing really works. I ordered from liveaquaria and put the corals in a container and all sorts of live critters started crawling, fairly good sized and really small ones. Added the Bayer mix, the smaller ones died out within a couple of minutes but it took at least 10 mins for the larger ones. So kept the corals in the dip for 15 mins. Hopefully it didn’t kill them but definitely killed all the visible critters

OP
OP
T

TDDredge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my 1st set of corals and can confirm this thing really works. I ordered from liveaquaria and put the corals in a container and all sorts of live critters started crawling, fairly good sized and really small ones. Added the Bayer mix, the smaller ones died out within a couple of minutes but it took at least 10 mins for the larger ones. So kept the corals in the dip for 15 mins. Hopefully it didn’t kill them but definitely killed all the visible critters
I do 10ml of Bayer per cup of water and dip for 15 minutes. It has worked like a charm for me so far.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back