Beardown's 210g SPS dominated Build thread

beardown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up reefers? I've mostly lurked around the forums, seldomly posting...however I'm almost finished with a big build. Here's the equipment list:

Tank: Aqueon 210g Rimmed
Stand: DIY **Will show pics of the build***
Lights: Ecotech radion XRw30 Gen 4 Pro x3 (adding two more shortly)
Controller: APEX 2016
Return Pump(s): Neptune COR20, and Ecotech M1 - If I learned anything in the IT field...redundancy rules!
Powerheads: 3x Ecotech MP40 1x mp10
Sump: ESHOPPS RS-300
Skimmer: Reef Octopus INT-250
Calcium Reactor: Reef Octopus CR3000D
BRS Carbon/GFO Reactor
IMG_1504.JPG

I have a 93g cube, which will be converted into a nem tank...love them nems. Anyways, here's the journey, hope you like it.

Also, I do have a youtube channel with most of the build on it. Channel name is thereeftankfamily

Last edited:
OP
OP
beardown

beardown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All started with the stand, which I made with 2x6 horizontal and vertical, with the exception of 8 vertical 4x4's. Before anyone gives me the lecture about 4x4's twisting, my father is an architect and got them from his source. If you can't trust your old man, who can ya trust lol.

IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1514.JPG

Not completed in these pics, but you get the gist of the setup. Lots of wood...lots of support. Overkill, of course...that's what reefers do.

OP
OP
beardown

beardown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the tank, I went with a used 21og. I normally don't go with used tanks, but I trust my LFS, so I grabbed it for next to nothing...althought it needed one heck of a cleaning. P.S. Excuse the messy garage... I have kids, what do you expect lol

IMG_1957.JPG

Next step was to get the tank downstairs, which was a hassle in itself. I have a stairwell that isn't forgiving. I grabbed my cousin who is a body builder with the promise of 3 months worth of his favorite protein, a felow reefer and myself. We BARELY got it downstairs. Here's a video of how it HAD to happen:

IMG_3133.JPG

Stand still wasn't done completely, but it was stained and all the supports were up. Still needed to wrap it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back