Been creeping

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I’d say Hi. New to r2r and just wanted to say lots of good info on this site. I’m about a year into my first saltwater tank after many freshwater and I’ve always just enjoyed reading the many threads on here. I’ve gained a lot of knowledge from everyone and just wanted to say Thanks!

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. As you have already found, there are a bunch of very knowledgeable, passionate reefers here who are always willing to help.

How about a little info on your first tank? Size, filtration, tank inhabitants. We love pictures around here so if you have one to share please do

OP
OP
J

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly. Would love to share. I started with a size 75g Aqueon that I drilled an overflow for. Custom 40g breeder sump. Running a bubble magus curve 5 skimmer. Most Jebao everything strictly for startup costs, to pricey for the main stream stuff just yet. I run a gravity fed 13g top off that I dose kalk in to stabilize everything between water changes which gets the magnesium. Got a bag of carbon that I swap out every so often. And the lights are the 48v2 reefbreeders.

This is shortly after lights on. Yes that’s a yellow tang in the sump. Got him for free and he was getting beat up by my other tang so to save him for now he’s in there. He’ll be finding a new home most likely.

Live stock is 1 yellow tang, 1 convict tang, 1 Tomini tang, 2 maroons both hosting my anemone luckily, filefish, purple dotty, sixline wrasse, 1 fire shrimp. Seems like a lot but they keep my tank stable. Love the fish had them for awhile and they all get along and keep the tank clean. Cleanup crew is fairly large to keep the bed clean.

Any questions or improvements please let me know.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly. Would love to share. I started with a size 75g Aqueon that I drilled an overflow for. Custom 40g breeder sump. Running a bubble magus curve 5 skimmer. Most Jebao everything strictly for startup costs, to pricey for the main stream stuff just yet. I run a gravity fed 13g top off that I dose kalk in to stabilize everything between water changes which gets the magnesium. Got a bag of carbon that I swap out every so often. And the lights are the 48v2 reefbreeders.

This is shortly after lights on. Yes that’s a yellow tang in the sump. Got him for free and he was getting beat up by my other tang so to save him for now he’s in there. He’ll be finding a new home most likely.

Live stock is 1 yellow tang, 1 convict tang, 1 Tomini tang, 2 maroons both hosting my anemone luckily, filefish, purple dotty, sixline wrasse, 1 fire shrimp. Seems like a lot but they keep my tank stable. Love the fish had them for awhile and they all get along and keep the tank clean. Cleanup crew is fairly large to keep the bed clean.

Any questions or improvements please let me know.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Nice looking tank. The 75 is a great size. Gives you plenty of room to get your feet wet (pun intended) but not so much that it is overwhelming. Looks like everything is doing well.

The black sand and the negative space left for corals to grow into are great. Also gives fish plenty of room to swim. Like the mix of LPS and softies in there as well.

OP
OP
J

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh forgot I have a mandarin in there also. Had a pod outbreak and it was looking like dandruff in the tank there were so many. Needless to say I got a starved mandarin that turned out overweight once he got dumped in my tank.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back