OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last month I found briess 2 row malts 50lb bag on sale for $27 I bought 2 wish I would have bought 4.
Do you put a drill on your cereal killer?

davedamage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a killer price. Northern Brewer has it for $33 all day and it's on my way home from work, so it's a no-brainer. I just run it with a ryobi cordless drill.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, 50. I've got a cereal killer. I'm going to try setting it super fine for this batch.
I would only do a third of the grain fine you don't want it to get stuck in the sparg. The course grind will hold the fine particles and keep it flowing. You don't want to end up with porridge

davedamage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would only do a third of the grain fine you don't want it to get stuck in the sparg. The course grind will hold the fine particles and keep it flowing. You don't want to end up with porridge

I'm doing a single vessel BIAB this batch. The .03" is gospel for my MLT.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah brew in a bag sorry been a while for one of those...what is the og your trying to hit

davedamage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It always finishes out dryer than that but I don't know how to get that to register in beersmith.

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brewing beer and college football are why I love fall weekends. I usually do some tank maintenance while the water is heating in the robobrew. Brewing a malty brown ale this weekend. Also hoping my peach ale will be ready to bottle!

davedamage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plan is to go all electric in the basement when we finish it, which is this winter's project. I was originally going to go with a traditional three vessel system but I had a friend loan me a banjo burner and I picked up a brew bag to try getting off the stove. If I can get similar results to my stop top brewing and shave some serious time off my brews, the biab may be the future for me moving forward. Then, I just need to build a custom fermentation chamber to house the two Spike Flex buckets.

I wonder if I can find a way to increase the pressure from my RO waste water to supply my wort chiller. That would be awesome.

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband brews professionally. We picked up a kit years ago when we got married and brewed at home (all the way to all grain). Then when his profession was going the way of the dodo (book printing) he got involved in a new brewery that was opening up. He's been there about 8 years now.

He's the tallest one on the home page. ;Joyful :)

davedamage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27 lbs of grain in a bag... that was fun. However, got in the fermenter and cleaned up in time to watch the Colts game. For my first biab, the numbers came awfully close. 20191006_193811.jpg 20191006_193737.jpg

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were just talking about you I shared with my Brewer partners your plans for the weekend and we were reviewing the recipe thinking about maybe Brewing it this is tonight's lineup

15704107604504119375832596793383.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back