Beginner 36 gallon bow front reef tank

Chief2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new beginner here. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and watching but still feel in over my head but we will see. This will probably be a slow work in progress but I plan to do a fish less cycle then slowly work in the livestock. Few clowns and some CUC and soft or lps corals.

Planned equipment:

Tunze 3162 internal filter
Tunze 9004 DC skimmer
2 Koralia 565gph pumps
Viparspectra 165w LED
35-40 lbs of dry rock and live sand.

Stay tuned maybe? I don’t know. We will see. I’m a little scared. lol

34865F18-2D0B-4822-BD86-FED1A533ADEB.jpeg

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ve chosen a great size tank to start. I myselft converted my 75 gallons freshwater tank to saltwater a month ago. It’s my second one, the first I started in march.

I went with the same filter and skimmer than you, only a bigger size. I really like those pieces of equipment. I have to say Tunze is one of the best manufacturers I’ve had the pleasure to buy equipment from in my many decades of fish keeping. If you want to complete your kit with an auto top-off, get the Tunze osmolator 3155. It’s said to be one of the best, if not the best you can get. So far it’s been very reliable for me.

As far as clowns, do some more research. I don’t think you can have more than 1 or 2 (male and female) in a small tank or they’ll end up killing each other. Cute, but fierce !

Have fun with your set-up !

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back