Beginner BioCube16 Here!

prattosphere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! This my introduction post. Keegan at my local LFS said that this is the place to learn about reefing, so I joined! He has a small farm and has become somewhat of a mentor, which eases my worries a bit.

I’m a brand new aquarist & for my first tank I’m starting with a 16 Gallon BioCube. My planned livestock includes, anemone, 2 clowns, goby, pistol shrimp, CUC including conch snail, cleaner shrimp, feather duster, hermit crabs, pulsating xenia, GSP, softies and maybe a few LPS.

Here’s my first pass at a scape. I plan to take a week or so to build it. It feels big to be and I’m a little concerned on being right up against the back of the tank. But, maybe that’s unavoidable in a small tank like this, if I want a dynamic scape?

Please let me know your thought on my scape and livestock choices! I’ll also make a build thread. Nice to meet everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_4246.MOV
    76.5 MB

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
prattosphere

prattosphere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Sorry I can’t comment on the video as it didn’t play for me. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
Hey! Thanks! I added the video and a pic to my build thread. Do you know how I can edit this welcome post? I don’t see the option…

OP
OP
prattosphere

prattosphere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back