Beginner Corals and Good CUCs

Duncan98

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some good CUCs and beginner corals I should be looking at? I have a 25g lagoon with two clowns just introduced to the tank. Looking to get a CUC in there in about a week or so. I was thinking of getting a goby, and maybe a cleaner shrimp and/or a couple of snails.

On the topic of corals, I have no idea what would be best to start out with. Not looking for something that’s extremely high maintenance. I heard that zoas were good beginner options. I was thinking of getting an anemone for the clowns, but don’t know of their maintenance requirements.

I’m looking for opinions and thoughts from reefers with more experience than myself.

Thanks in advance!
 
I am a big fan of soft corals, and soft corals tend to fair fine with parameter swings. Toadstools, mushrooms, zoanthids. I would allow the tank to mature a bit before adding a nem!

Check out my build thread for a little inspiration, its a 25 lagoon as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new