Johnb65

Johnb65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good!

may clown sleeps up near the intake. I don’t use an extra guard. I wouldn’t worry about it. Some gobies and smaller fish will make their way in there sometimes , but I don’t think your clowns will.
Good to know! My clown last night was the same and sleeping near the intake too. This morning I wasn’t sure what I’d find but all good expect a hermit crab who’s shell got caught upright in the rocks and didn’t make it

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I finally got to install my D-Flow media baskets. Very happy to have them in. I know everyone might have their own strategy and combination but for now I’m going to try it out this way and change as needed. I’ve got filter floss and a filter sponge (chopped up the stock one) at the top of the right chamber, a small bit of ceramic media to fill the space and at the bottom BioNitratEx; the middle chamber starts with the small ceramic media that’s been in the tank from the start and didn’t want to lose any bacteria while I put in fresh stuff, with a small amount of PhosEx in a pouch on top of a pouch of Carbon, on the bottom more ceramic media. Left chamber is just housing the pump and the heater.
45AF8E30-9879-48FE-8F3E-CA96A5CAB0FD.jpeg

I purchased the Sicce 1.0 from Amazon and tried installing it also to replace the stock pump. I was really disappointed with it as it’s suppose to be very silent. It was the noisiest thing ever and I even tried just holding it in the water in case it was touching off the sides etc. No luck so I had to take it out and it’s being returned now. I’ve heard others say theirs are great so I might give it another go, just from another retailer.
D617C58A-1A54-4E3E-8FE2-77282B7DC6FD.jpeg

Bit the bullet and finally did my first part water change and let it settle for a few hour because a lot of detritus clouded the tank. Going to hopefully get the first CUC on Sunday maybe. Taking it slow but just doing it bit by bit and will talkie each issue as it arises. I’m in no rush at all… Will do another test of parameters tomorrow to see if the water change has had any effect.
My sicce was only loud for the first week. After the gears get nice and slimy from the biofilm, it’s almost 100% unnoticeable. Tank’s looking good, though! Welcome to the 13.5 club, and best of luck on your journey!
D4373433-8FF9-4D31-A40D-475648FA4A8B.jpeg

Back