BeltedCoyote’s reboot: the birth of the leviathan

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For main shut off, look out by road. May be metal or concrete and have a small lift up door or lay in cover. Will say “water main”. Use pliers to turn off. You know it is off when the 2 eye holes for a lock line up. Once off open faucet for hot and cold in bath tub.

for tapping, I would do it right before water heater on cold water feed.

Best way to do this would be to measure fitting below over all length, subtract insertion depth of both sides, add those together and then minus that from over all length of fitting. That number is what you cut out. By the manual for the fitting, insertion depth is just a hair over 1”. So 1” x 2 = 2” shorter than connector length. Always double check insertion depth though. You can use 1”, as the tiny bit of difference won’t hurt anything.

Put in fitting, put feed line to rodi in fitting and do not over tighten the compression fitting for rodi feed. Mount rodi and run waste to floor drain.

Done.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For main shut off, look out by road. May be metal or concrete and have a small lift up door or lay in cover. Will say “water main”. Use pliers to turn off. You know it is off when the 2 eye holes for a lock line up. Once off open faucet for hot and cold in bath tub.

for tapping, I would do it right before water heater on cold water feed.

Best way to do this would be to measure fitting below over all length, subtract insertion depth of both sides, add those together and then minus that from over all length of fitting. That number is what you cut out. By the manual for the fitting, insertion depth is just a hair over 1”. So 1” x 2 = 2” shorter than connector length. Always double check insertion depth though. You can use 1”, as the tiny bit of difference won’t hurt anything.

Put in fitting, put feed line to rodi in fitting and do not over tighten the compression fitting for rodi feed. Mount rodi and run waste to floor drain.

Done.

do you think it’s safe to assume the cold water line is also pex?

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..I think I’m either going to just temporarily use a hose with my RoDI so I can at least get some water ready for the rocks. Then worry about mounting it next weekend Or just buy some water for the Reef.

we’ll see. In the meantime. Droppig the kiddo off at her dads and then heading down to chill with @F i s h y for a bit

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..I think I’m either going to just temporarily use a hose with my RoDI so I can at least get some water ready for the rocks. Then worry about mounting it next weekend Or just buy some water for the Reef.

we’ll see. In the meantime. Droppig the kiddo off at her dads and then heading down to chill with @F i s h y for a bit

Help him do a water change and take the old water home?! ;)

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just got home from @F i s h y ’s. I’ve got my plumbing plans laid out and he helped me figure out what I’ll need.

his 6footer is looking awesome.

and here’s some of what he’s holding on to for me
B458B6E1-EF40-46CA-B0C4-A95A508C4041.jpeg

7A3F5EE2-3178-4DFD-BEB5-71EDE39622C3.jpeg

E6647D90-C963-4140-A243-9FAF666D9787.jpeg

(Plus some shrooms, leathers, zoas, and whatever else he decides to throw my way)

Oh and don’t mind the mess. The lagoon is being emptied out and scrubbed down.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I figured out what I’m going to do with regarding my ATS. It needs to be suspended about my sump in case of leaks. I don’t really have enough clearance to mount it above my sump as there’s only 10 inches of clearance leaving me with something like 3 inches to pull the tray out.

So! I’m going to make a stand that will sit in the sump. I’ll be making a stand with some pvc planks and several pipes as legs. Underneath will be open so flow should be hindered too badly.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s another tentative fish list:

one spot foxface
Pair of occ clowns
Mandarin of some flavor
Workhorse wrass (coris, mellanaris, etc)
Either anthias (3) or a few fairy and/or flasher wrass
Skopas or tomini
Atlantic blue tang
Maybe a convict
Flame angel
Assorted small gobies and blennies.
flame or longnose hawk fish

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, it is. And other than the valve on the cold water line, not that I’ve been able to find so far.
My main is in my basement and up high towards the ceiling, on the front wall of the house where the water line enters. My basement is only partially finished so I was able to follow the cold water line from my hose spigot (since I could see in the unfinished basement) to the main shut off. If your basement is fully finished then this comment will not help you at all so my apologies :)

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main is in my basement and up high towards the ceiling, on the front wall of the house where the water line enters. My basement is only partially finished so I was able to follow the cold water line from my hose spigot (since I could see in the unfinished basement) to the main shut off. If your basement is fully finished then this comment will not help you at all so my apologies :)

no need to apologize…but it’s worse than a finished basement I fear. No basement.
I’m just going to plumb it in to the softner line. Only question is if I find the shut off inside or am forced to use the main.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we’re wet…sort of. Going to be setting the RODI up tomorrow morning once it warms up a little bit. Mix about a brutes worth of salt. To finish filling the 53 and to have water ready for a water change.

31ABA079-DEC6-4FBB-84D6-D039A446C280.jpeg
4F6D397A-CFEE-45D1-B14B-135919F092E2.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back