OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surfin through the galaxy on my new phone and new watch. They make an ULTRA pair..

lol. this is my final hint Lost.

then it’s back to our salty business

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people have a favorite DIY kit or method for making a lid? I am setting up my 40 lowboy this week and want a screen since it's only 10in tall.

I know of the red sea kit and the BRS kit. Are the any others I should know about?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people have a favorite DIY kit or method for making a lid? I am setting up my 40 lowboy this week and want a screen since it's only 10in tall.

I know of the red sea kit and the BRS kit. Are the any others I should know about?
I DIY'd two screen tops and was never happy with them. If you over stretch the netting, it pulls the frame. Under stretch and there's sag.

I ended up taking my clear eighth inch netting, to the local hardware store where they make screens. It cost me just over 10 bucks for them to make the frames and install the netting under the correct tension for two tops, to my exact dimensions. So I guess my preferred DIY method is outsourcing...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol it's upside down in the extra bedroom. Nothing special. Just a 50g lowboy Frank sold me lol.

Good idea about the outsourcing. I'm going to do that lol.
There are some things that I definitely recommend the full DIY approach to. At 5 or even 10 bucks a screen, for a skilled crafts person to do it perfectly, That's a no-brainer to me.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some things that I definitely recommend the full DIY approach to. At 5 or even 10 bucks a screen, for a skilled crafts person to do it perfectly, That's a no-brainer to me.

Same. Considering the cost ofost diy sets plus shipping ends up being one than what you described

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally an update worth mentioning.

So between having things strewn everywhere in our house and then me going through and clearing out things, organizing things, and finally finding homes for stuff, I managed to misplace dang near all of my rodi equipment and parts.

Well, seeing as I'm going to pick up rock that's been marinated for me tomorrow, I realized I needed to get off my ADD riddled behind and see about finally getting my rodi up and running (in a temporary set up).

After a bit of trial and error with the system, I am happy to say I now am making my own water (finally)

Next is to fill up the sump tote from the 120 system, mix me some salt water, throw in a heater, a pump and then chill until it's time for tomorrow's road trip

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then. As I was digging around the fiddle-dee-dee that is my garage, looking for the small DC pump I had purchased forixing SW, I discovered I have another 30+lbs of Marco rock sitting in a box out there.

Never been so excited to find rocks in my life lol

Edit: for mixing SW. New keyboard go brr

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then. As I was digging around the fiddle-dee-dee that is my garage, looking for the small DC pump I had purchased forixing SW, I discovered I have another 30+lbs of Marco rock sitting in a box out there.

Never been so excited to find rocks in my life lol

Edit: for mixing SW. New keyboard go brr
Lets go

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back